Now that the outdoor temperature levels are increasing with each day, you are probably looking for the best window air conditioners to remain cool and comfortable while indoors.
Well, most people rely on an HVAC system or central air conditioning unit, but if you don’t have one installed in your house, you can get a window air conditioner which is more affordable and easier to maintain.
Unlike portable AC units, a window air conditioning unit takes a bit more time to install but it’s easy to do so if you follow the instructions and it is perfect for commercial and residential properties.
These appliances are increasingly popular these days and they are made by different types of prestigious manufacturers, so you will eventually be able to use one for years to come.
If you don’t want to sweat inside your house while watching television and don’t want to bother with a full-size central air conditioning unit, keep reading this article.
The following buying guide will help you learn more about window air conditioners and it will help you make a better decision when buying one.
How to Choose a Window Air Conditioner
BTUs (British Thermal Units)
A window air conditioner is characterized by the amount of BTUs provided. This measuring unit is generally accepted worldwide and basically the higher the BTU number, the more powerful your unit is.
For example, most window air conditioners have at least several thousand BTUs of power which means they can quickly cool down a small to medium-sized room. This number is important because it will tell you whether the unit you want to buy is suitable for your property.
If you have a large living room or want to cool down a spacious basement or garage, go for a window air conditioner with at least 15,000 BTUs.
When buying a window air conditioner, make sure you take into account the actual square footage of the property or room which needs to be cooled down.
For example, most units which have a power output of 4,000-5,000 BTUs can cool down rooms up to 140-150 square feet relatively easily.
Before buying such an appliance, please measure your property to determine what type of window air conditioner you need. You can use this calculator to know the exact BTU requirements from your room or house.
Most window air conditioners also come with special filters which allow you to breathe fresher air. This type of filter will eliminate bacteria, microbes, germs, pollen and other allergens from the indoor air while cooling down the room.
The filter can be a HEPA one, which is extremely hygienic and popular, or a regular type of filter which is washable or replaceable.
To properly cool a room, the air must be blown towards its center and that’s why air direction is important when buying a window air conditioner.
Some units come with special swivels which basically redirect the air towards your preferred location, allowing the room to be cooled evenly and symmetrically.
If the windows in your house are not placed close to the center of the walls, make sure that you go for an air conditioner which is capable of redirecting the cool air towards the middle of the room.
Some air conditioners come with a 2-way airflow system which basically lets you direct the air in just 2 different directions.
Other units are more sophisticated and allow you to redirect the cool air in up to 8 different locations. These appliances are usually more expensive, but it really pays to be able to direct the air wherever you want to as this can eliminate cold spots and ensure that the room is cooled down evenly all the times.
Lastly, medium-priced units come with a 3-way or 5-way airflow system which is always useful in a residential or commercial property.
Window size and type
To ensure that a window air conditioner will work for you, make sure you have single or double hung windows. Casement windows will prevent you from properly installing a window air conditioner and in this case, you might need a unit which vents through the wall.
Measure up your windows and find out if they fit the requirements mentioned by the air conditioner’s manufacturer. For example, if you have windows with panels smaller than 20-25 inches, this type of appliance might not work for you, but this depends on the type of window air conditioner you are buying.
Accessories and warranty
A great window air conditioner usually comes with accessories in the package, besides the required window mounting kit.
For example, it might come with an extra-long power cord which can be plugged into a standard 115V power outlet.
It might also include a remote control and batteries which give you the opportunity to control the unit from a distance. Make sure that you check out the contents of the package before buying (and ensure the installation manual is in there).
You also need to pay attention to the warranty provided by the manufacturer. A window air conditioner can cost several hundred dollars and you need to make sure your investment is protected.
Therefore, a reputable brand usually offers a warranty period of at least 1-2 years on the major components. Check this aspect before buying to ensure you get the best bang for your buck.
Now you know more about window air conditioners, let’s go ahead and present you a couple of interesting suggestions ranked according to their total BTU output.
My Picks for the Top Window Air Conditioners
Under 9000 BTU
Frigidaire FRA052XT7 5,000 BTU 115V
My Rating: 4.9/5
Frigidaire doesn’t need any introduction as it is a leading manufacturer of household appliances including freezers, fridges, microwaves and of course, window air conditioners. The FRA052XT7 model is suitable for relatively small houses and it comes with multiple interesting features such as the following ones:
- 5,000-BTU – the unit itself is compact, but it has a high power output, being able to use up to 5,000 BTUs to cool down your house. it is suitable for rooms up to 150 square feet in size and it can be installed in residential and commercial properties alike.
- Air direction control – you have the possibility to choose the direction of the air using this device from Frigidaire. It comes with a 2-way air direction control system which helps you cool down your room more evenly and efficiently.
- Air filter – this unit is also equipped with an air filter which offers anti-microbial properties. In other words, it will eliminate most germs and bacteria from the air, improving its quality. This is beneficial for you, your kids and people with respiratory problems who might live in your house.
- Intuitive controls – it comes with 2 rotary control options which can be used by people of all ages. These controls allow you to adjust the operating mode and desired temperature. You can choose the speed of the fan as well.
- Good for 23-36″ windows – this window air conditioning unit is suitable for a wide variety of window types and if your panels are between 23 and 36 inches then you are golden. It comes with a window installation kit, so you’re ready to get it up and running in just a couple of minutes.
When it comes to disadvantages, some customers received defective units, but they were quickly replaced by Frigidaire when they contacted the brand.
If you experience problems with your unit, Frigidaire offers excellent customer support, so take advantage of it.
Frigidaire FFRA0511R1 5,000 BTU 115V
My Rating: 4.8/5
Another excellent model from Frigidaire is the FFRA0511R1 model which offers equal performance and a similar design. This product can be installed on almost all hung windows and it has a minimalistic and elegant form factor.
Here are its main benefits:
- 5,000 BTUs – the power output is equal to 5,000 BTUs and this is sufficient for cooling down rooms with a size of up to 150 square feet. It is perfect for living rooms, basements, bedrooms and even garages.
- 2 cooling modes – this unit is equipped with two rotary controls which give you the opportunity to choose the temperature as well as cooling mode (high and low). You can also select from 2 fan speeds or play with the air direction control system which redirects cool air towards the places that need to be cooled the most.
- Quiet operation – especially if you set the fan on low-speed mode, you will see that this unit is very quiet in operation and some people are even capable of sleeping next to it without being bothered.
- Dehumidification system – this unit is capable of eliminating moisture from the indoor air and it can do that at a rate of almost 1.1 pints per hour. This prevents a whole range of respiratory problems, not to mention that it will make you feel more comfortable in your house. If you’re looking for a separate dehumidifier unit then click here to see my list of best dehumidifiers units.
- Washable mesh filter – you will also breathe cleaner air as this window air conditioner comes with a mesh filter which prevents most bacteria and microbes from entering your property. The filter is removable and washable, so you don’t have to buy separate ones from the market.
During my research, I found out that some customers experienced problems with the fan of this product after a couple of months of usage. If this happens to you, remember that your unit comes with a warranty policy which entitles you to free repairs and part replacements, so contact Frigidaire right away.
Here’s a video showing how quiet the Frigidaire FFRA0511R1 is, check it out:
hOme B06WRRZLYB 5,000 BTU
My Rating: 4.8/5
The hOme B06WRRZLYB air conditioner is made by hOmeLabs, a company which also makes other equipment such as microwave ovens, fridges, and other appliances.
This product has an attractive design and a decent power output which makes it ideal for people who want to stay cool this summer at an affordable price.
Here are some of its benefits:
- 5,000 BTUs – the total power output is 5,000 BTUs and it can be used in residential and commercial properties, cooling down spaces up to 150 square feet. It is perfect for your bedroom, living room, commercial kitchen or other indoor spaces.
- 7 speeds – feel free to select from up to 7 cooling speeds by rotating a dial on the control panel. This unit also comes with a fan that has two speeds as well as an adjustable airflow system. You will be able to direct the airflow towards the center of the room, ensuring an even cooling process.
- Eco air filter – you don’t have to buy additional air filters because the one included in the package is washable and reusable! You can use warm water and basic cleaning products to make your air filter look like brand new again. This filter eliminates most allergens and bacteria, so you will be able to breathe fresher air.
- Excellent for RVs too – feel free to take this unit with you while you go camping. It can be connected to a standard 110V/120V power outlet and it will keep you and your family members cool while you’re out and about in the middle of nature.
- Good for 23-36″ wide windows – the minimum window height is 13 inches and the allowed window width is between 23 and 36 inches. In the package, you will find a window installation kit as well as an instructions manual.
When it comes to downsides, some customers complain that its cooling power is not that high, but remember that it is designed for relatively small spaces.
If your room is larger than 150 sq. ft., consider buying a different type of window air conditioner.
Frigidaire FRA054XT7 5,000 BTU
My Rating: 4.9/5
I’d like to present you another model from Frigidaire which comes with push-button controls and multiple interesting features.
This window air conditioner is ideal for your living room during hot summer days and it comes with an installation kit in the package, so you don’t have to make any separate purchases.
Here are the benefits of this appliance:
- 5,000 BTUs – the amount of power provided by this unit is sufficient to cool down a room up to 150 square feet in size. It is ideal for living rooms, bedrooms, office rooms, kitchens, basements, garages and virtually any type of room which needs to be cooled down.
- Dehumidification system – not only that it will cool down your property, but this model from Frigidaire will also eliminate moisture from the air. It is capable of dehumidifying up to 30 pints of moisture per day which is impressive.
- 2-way direction air control – if you want to redirect the airflow to the center of the room, you can do this using this window air conditioning unit. It comes with an adjustable swivel which redirects the air towards your preferred location, allowing the room to cool evenly and eliminating cold spots.
- Air filter – your Frigidaire air conditioner is also equipped with an antimicrobial mesh filter which basically eliminates most of the bacteria and germs from the air you breathe. This unit will give you the chance to make the lives of people with asthma and other respiratory problems just a little bit easier.
- 1-year warranty – the manufacturer offers a warranty period of 1 year on parts and labor which is useful to have, just in case. If you encounter problems with your unit, contact the manufacturer right away and ask for free repairs or replacements.
Some say that this model is a little bit heavy at nearly 40 pounds, but it is not a portable air conditioning unit, so it is not designed for lightness.
Make sure you ask a friend to help you carry it around and install it to prevent accidents and injuries.
Friedrich Chill CP06G10B 6,000 BTU
My Rating: 4.9/5
If you require a unit which is a little bit more powerful, I want to redirect your attention towards the CP06G10B model from Friedrich.
This company makes a wide range of air conditioning units and this particular model is one of their most popular.
Check out its features and benefits:
- 6,000 BTUs – the amount of power provided by this unit is sufficient to cool down rooms up to 250 square feet in size. Whether you want to cool down your home office, living room or home gym, you will be able to do it successfully using this product.
- Energy Star certified – this unit is specially designed to consume as little energy as possible and it has received the Energy Star certification which basically means that it can reduce your energy bill throughout the year. It can also be installed through the wall if necessary, not only on a window.
- 24-hour timer – you will be able to program this unit to work at certain hours and cool down your rooms exactly when you need. The 24-hour timer is easy to use and it can be controlled using the included remote.
- Anti-Intrusion device – this appliance comes with a sophisticated guard system which prevents thieves and burglars from entering your property. It has a strong chassis made from metal and prevents break-ins and burglaries.
- Washable filter – you will also get an antimicrobial filter which will purify the air and make you feel more comfortable in your property. The filter is washable and reusable, so you don’t have to spend more money on additional filters.
If you are wondering about disadvantages, I read that some customers consider this unit to be a little bit loud.
However, if you set it on a low-speed setting, the sound level is barely audible, so this is not really a big issue for most homeowners.
LG LW6017R 6,000 BTU 115V
Company: LG Electronics
My Rating: 4.8/5
LG is known for making high-quality household items and electronics. This brand has a wide range of window air conditioning units which can be purchased at affordable prices.
The LW6017R model comes with a plethora of features and it is ideal for small to medium-sized rooms.
Here are its strong points:
- 6,000 BTUs – its rated power output is up to 6,000 BTUs which makes it ideal for cooling living rooms, office rooms, and basements, among other interior spaces. It can be used for rooms with a size up to 260 sq. ft., so feel free to install it on your commercial or residential property.
- Dehumidification system – this unit can also eliminate moisture from the air at a rate of up to 1.8 pints per hour. This means that the air quality will be improved and any development of mold and mildew (which thrive in humid environments) will be avoided.
- 3 cooling modes – you can select from 3 different cooling speeds, depending on your preferences. You can also play with 3 fan speeds which push the cool air inside your house and cools down every corner of the room. The fan is not too loud, so you will not be bothered by it.
- Intuitive control panel – when it comes to user interface, this product is equipped with a small LCD screen which displays vital information as well as a control panel with a couple of buttons. You can adjust the temperature, timer, cooling mode and access the other functions from here.
- Comes with remote – the manufacturer didn’t forget to include a remote in the package, so you will be able to control your product from a distance. You also benefit from a warranty period of 1 year on parts and labor and this is just another reason to buy this window air conditioner today!
I read that a couple of customers received defective units, but these were quickly replaced by LG, so don’t be afraid to contact the manufacturer if your product is dented or the package is incomplete.
Frigidaire FRA083AT7 8,000 BTU 115V
My Rating: 4.8/5
If your cooling needs are greater and you need a more powerful device, I recommend the FRA083AT7 model from Frigidaire which comes with an intuitive control panel and multiple useful features.
This model is ideal for small and medium-sized rooms and it can be used in commercial and residential properties alike.
- 8,000 BTUs – this amount of power is sufficient to cool down rooms up to 350 sq. ft. in a short period of time, whether we talk about kitchens, living rooms, dance studios, gyms or other places.
- Dehumidification system – you will also be able to eliminate moisture from the indoor air using this window air conditioner as it has a dehumidification system with an output of up to 1.7 pints per hour. Say goodbye to humid environments for years to come!
- Multiple features – you have 3 cooling modes to choose from as well as 3 fan speeds to play with – low, medium and high. This unit is also equipped with a 24-hour timer which will help you schedule cooling times and save money in the future.
- Remote included – in the package, you will also find a remote which has multiple buttons and allows you to control all the functions of this window air conditioning unit.
- Good for 23-36 inch windows – this product is ideal for hung windows with a width between 23 and 36 inches and a minimum height of 14 inches. It can fit the windows of most residential and commercial properties and it is very easy to install using the included window mounting kit.
Some customers reported that this unit can become a little bit noisy, but this happens only if you keep it on a high fan speed setting for a long period of time.
Most homeowners mention that the noise level is usually acceptable, so you shouldn’t let this stop you from buying a unit and cooling down your house.
Between 10000 and 12000 BTU
Frigidaire FFRE1033Q1 10,000 BTU 115V
My Rating: 5/5
As you probably already know, Frigidaire makes a plethora of interesting and useful window air conditioners.
Here is the FFRE1033Q1 model which connects to a standard 115V power outlet and can be used for medium-sized rooms.
Here are its main characteristics:
- 10,000 BTUs – this is a powerful unit which can be used to cool down rooms with sizes up to 450 square feet. Whether you want to cool down your living room, basement or large garage, this appliance is the right one for the job.
- Dehumidification system – you will also breathe better air because this window air conditioner is equipped with a dehumidifier which can eliminate up to 3 pints of moisture per hour. It is ideal for bathrooms or basements which are usually very humid places.
- Air filter – your unit is also capable of eliminating germs and bacteria from the air as it includes an air ionizer and washable air filter. The filter can be cleaned with warm water and basic cleaning products and can be reused for years to come.
- Intuitive control panel – the control panel is mounted in front of the device and it includes a small LCD screen which displays the temperature level and other relevant information. From here you can access and adjust the cooling mode, fan speed, timer, and other functions.
- 8-way airflow – you are able to control the direction of the airflow and redirect it towards the center of the room if necessary, as this ensures an even cooling process. The airflow can be controlled via the control panel or by using the remote which is included in the package.
When it comes to downsides, some customers were a bit discouraged by the price, but remember that this unit comes with many features, including a temperature sensor which adjusts the cooling mode automatically.
Your investment is protected by the provided warranty policy as well.
Frigidaire FFRA1022R1 10,000 BTU 115V
My Rating: 4.9/5
On the other hand, if your budget is a little bit smaller but you still want a powerful window air conditioner, check out the FFRA1022R1 model which is more compact in size, but highly popular and practical.
It has multiple advantages such as the following ones.
- 10,000 BTUs – the provided cooling power is up to 10,000 BTUs which means that it can quickly cool down rooms with a size up to 450 sq. ft. It can be used for both commercial and residential properties without problems.
- Dehumidification system – this device will eliminate moisture from the air if you activate the dehumidification mode. It can draw up to 2.7 pints of moisture from the air which is sufficient for most very humid interior spaces.
- Multiple features – you will love the fact that this product comes with an Energy Saving Mode as well as a Sleep Mode which help you conserve energy and save money. You can also access the timer and its other useful functions via the control panel.
- 8-way airflow – if you want to direct the cool air towards a certain place in your room, this is possible thanks to the multidirectional airflow system incorporated into this device. This function can be controlled with the remote as well.
- Washable mesh filter – the indoor air will be cleaner and fresher as this product comes with a washable filter which traps most bacteria, microbes, and allergens. You can wash the filter when necessary and reuse it on a regular basis, saving money because you don’t have to pay for brand new replacement filters.
There were a few reliability complaints related to this product from customers who experienced problems with it after a few months, but remember that it comes with a warranty policy which can cover for defective components.
LG LW1216ER 12,000 BTU 115V
Company: LG Electronics
My Rating: 4.9/5
LG makes a lot of useful products and I wanted to include another brilliant window air conditioner from this manufacturer.
The LW1216ER is ideal for medium sized rooms and it doesn’t occupy a lot of space which makes it ideal for most single or double hung windows from residential and commercial properties.
Here are its main selling points:
- 12,000 BTUs – this window air conditioner comes with 12,000 BTUs of cooling power which makes it ideal for rooms up to 550 sq. ft. in size. You can even cool down a small apartment with this unit, let alone living rooms, basements or commercial kitchens.
- 4-way air direction – in some cases, the windows of a room are not positioned centrally, so the air blown inside will only cool half of the room. This unit has a 4-way airflow direction system which helps you redirect the air towards the center of the room, ensuring an even cooling process.
- Washable filter – this unit also comes with an air filter which basically eliminates most bacteria, microbes, and allergens such as pollen from the indoor air. This means less sneezing, coughing and wheezing for people who have respiratory problems.
- 3 Cooling modes – you are able to select from 3 different cooling modes such as low, medium and high, depending on your preferences. This unit also comes with a fan with 3 speeds and an auto cool option.
- Auto restart – power failures can sometimes turn off most household electronics and they will eventually remain off until you manually turn them on. This unit has an auto restart feature which turns the air conditioner back on in the event of a power failure, so you will come back home to a cool house.
Regarding drawbacks, some customers mention that this unit is too loud sometimes, but this might happen because the unit received has manufacturing defects.
Contact LG right away and ask for replacements or repairs if this happens to you.
Frigidaire FFRE1233Q1 12,000 BTU 115V
My Rating: 4.9/5
An equally powerful air conditioner is the FFRE1233Q1 model from Frigidaire which comes with multiple accessories and features, including an automatic temperature sensor which can be very handy sometimes.
Let’s take a look at the benefits provided by this product:
- 12,000 BTUs – the total power output of 12,000 BTUs gives you the chance to cool down rooms with a size of up to 550 sq. ft. It can cool different types of rooms such as living rooms, offices, basements, garages, attics, kitchens, even bathrooms.
- Dehumidification system – speaking of bathrooms and other humid environments, this unit comes with a dehumidifier which removes up to 3.8 pints of moisture from the indoor air every hour. Say goodbye to mold and mildew caused by humidity as well as the numerous respiratory issues associated with them.
- Air filter – your Frigidaire unit will also eliminate bacteria, microbes, and allergens from the air as it comes with a washable air filter and ionizer. This system purifies the air and increases its quality, fact which is highly beneficial for kids and people of an elderly age.
- 8-way airflow – feel free to direct the cool air wherever you want as this model comes with an 8-way airflow direction system which can be controlled via the main control panel or by using a remote.
- 6.5 feet power cord – you don’t have to buy extension power cords as this product comes with 6.5 feet one which is sufficient for most homeowners. It has a 3-pronged plug which connects to all 115V power outlets.
If you are wondering about disadvantages, this product might be a little bit difficult to install, especially if you don’t have a lot of DIY experience.
Make sure you have a friend over to give you a helping hand or hire a professional if you don’t want to do it by yourself.
Between 15000 and 28000 BTU
Frigidaire FFRE1533S1 15,100 BTU 115V
My Rating: 5/5
If your cooling needs are very high and are looking for one of the most powerful air conditioners out there, check out the FFRE1533S1 model from Frigidaire.
This product has an energy efficiency ratio of 11.8 and incorporates a lot of sophisticated technology.
Here are its strong points:
- 15,100 BTUs – this model is one of the most powerful out there as it is capable of cooling down rooms up to 850 sq. ft. in size, thanks to its immense cooling power of 15,100 BTUs. You can use it in commercial and office spaces as well as large residential properties.
- Dehumidification system – your Frigidaire air conditioner will eliminate moisture from the indoor air at a rate of up to 3.8 pints per hour. This makes it ideal for very humid places such as bathrooms or basements and it will help you breathe fresher, healthier air on a daily basis.
- Air ionizer – this unit is equipped with an air filter and air ionizer which will primarily eliminate allergens and bacteria from the air. Things such as pollen, dust, and lint will be history in just a couple of minutes, so any respiratory problems you might have will not be aggravated.
- 28-40 inch windows – since this product is suitable for larger rooms, it can accommodate hung windows with a width between 28 and 40 inches and a minimum height of 18.5 inches. Make sure you do your measurements before ordering to find out if this product fits your house.
- 8-way airflow – you are capable of controlling the direction of the air using this product as it comes with a multidirectional airflow system. You can redirect the air in 8 different directions, according to your preferences and needs.
Some customers reported that this product is rather difficult to install, but make sure you read the instructions manual before attempting installation on your own.
Also, this appliance is heavy, so ask a friend to help you and prevent accidents and injuries.
Frigidaire FFRH1822R2 18,500 BTU 230V
My Rating: 4.9/5
If you really want one of the most powerful devices out there, check out the FFRH1822R2 model from Frigidaire.
This device has an immense cooling power and can be connected to a standard 230V power outlet. It is suitable for most commercial, residential and even industrial spaces.
Here are its main characteristics:
- 18,500 BTUs – this appliance is heavy and very powerful, being designed for rooms up to 1,050 sq. ft. in size. Make sure you don’t connect it to a 115V power outlet because it won’t have enough power.
- Supplemental heating – apart from cooling down your house, this unit is also capable of providing supplemental heat when the temperature drops below the comfort zone. It can use up to 16,000 BTUs of power to heat up large rooms, so you can use it to supplement the heating power of your main HVAC unit. If you’re also looking for separate heating units then you can check my list of best space heaters here.
- Multiple features – this model is brimming with technology and it incorporates features such as auto cool, sleep mode, energy saving mode, 24h timer and more. You can access these functions via the main control panel or by using the remote included in the package.
- Dehumidification system – if the air inside your house is too humid, you can turn on the dehumidification system incorporated by this window air conditioner. It will eliminate up to 5.5 pints of moisture per hour and make you feel more comfortable in your house.
- Washable filter – the indoor air will also be filtered to ensure most bacteria and microbes are eliminated. This product has a washable filter as well as a “check filter” alert which lets you know when it is the right time to clean the mesh filter.
There are little to no drawbacks to this product, although some customers complain about its high price.
Remember that the cost is directly correlated with the amount of cooling power provided, so the price is justified in my opinion.
LG LW2516ER 24,500 BTU 230V
Company: LG Electronics
My Rating: 5/5
For large residential and commercial properties, you might want to check out the LW2516ER model from LG. This device has a huge cooling power and it requires a special 230V power outlet to work, so keep that in mind.
Let’s explore its amazing characteristics:
- 24,500 BTUs – this is currently one of the most powerful window air conditioning units out there and it is suitable for rooms up to 1,560 sq. ft. in size. Feel free to cool down entire garages, basements, even small warehouses with this product as its cooling power is enormous.
- Dehumidification system – you will also be able to eliminate moisture from the room using this product as it can draw up to 7.7 pints of moisture per hour. That is an impressive number which means that the air quality will be improved within minutes!
- 3 cooling speeds – you can select from three different cooling options such as low, medium and high as well as 3 fan speeds, depending on your preferences. Toggling between these settings can be done via the control panel or by using the remote included in the package.
- Anti-corrosion coating – LG has also applied a special coating to this product which basically makes it more resistant to wear and tear, preventing corrosion and rust. You will be able to use this product for years to come with little to no maintenance.
- 24h timer – save energy by using the 24h timer which lets you schedule cooling periods, depending on your needs. This will help you save money in the long run and ensure that you always have a cool house when you get back home from work.
Keep in mind that this unit is heavy because it is very powerful. If you attempt to install it on your own, make sure you have a few buddies around to help you lift it and position it into place.
The installation process shouldn’t be very difficult if you read the instructions carefully.
Frigidaire FFRA2822R2 28,000 BTU 230V
My Rating: 4.8/5
I’d like to end up this list with a powerful product from Frigidaire, the FFRA2822R2 model which also needs a 230V power outlet to function. This window air conditioner is suitable for most residential properties and it can actually cool down entire commercial floors if necessary.
Here are its amazing advantages:
- 28,000 BTUs – I have yet to see another unit which is more powerful than this one! It is suitable for rooms up to 1,900 sq. ft. in size and it can cool them down very quickly thanks to its immense cooling power.
- Dehumidification system – your unit is also capable of dehumidifying interior spaces with a rate of up to 9.5 pints per hour. This means less humidity in the indoor air and fewer chances for mold, mildew, and bacteria to develop and grow.
- 8-way airflow – you are able of redirecting the cool air towards a location you prefer thanks to the 8-way airflow system incorporated into this unit. Make sure you direct the air towards the middle of the room to ensure an even cooling process.
- Air ionizer – the air ionizer will eliminate most allergens from the air such as bacteria and pollen as well as dust and lint. This means that you, your family members or business partners will be able to breathe fresher, cleaner air on a daily basis.
- 2 years warranty – the warranty period offered by the manufacturer stretches up to 2 years from the date of purchase and this will cover for manufacturing defects during this time period.
Needless to say, the price of such a product gets close to the $900-$1,000 mark and this might put off certain customers, but remember that this price tag is backed up by an immense cooling power, advanced features, and a reassuring warranty policy.
Your investment will be protected over the years, so feel free to buy this unit if you really need it.
Cool your House with the Best!
I just presented you a couple of practical window air conditioning units which are suitable for commercial and residential properties of all sizes.
It is up to you, now, which one you buy and why. If you want a piece of advice, always start by measuring your rooms and find out their exact square footage.
This will help you determine how powerful your window air conditioner should be. Make sure you buy one which is slightly more powerful than required to compensate for those days when the weather is scorching hot!
After you have measured your rooms, you need to come up with a budget and look on my list for possible options.
Get more information about the contents of the package, warranty policy, accessories included, installation kit and how easy is to operate that particular air conditioner.
Do your homework properly and you will see that the product you buy will satisfy your cooling needs.
I hope you liked my top picks for the best window air conditioners for 2018. If you have any questions then feel free to leave a comment below 🙂