If you’re looking to heat up the large rooms at your home or workplace during cold times, then you should find the best space and portable heaters.
Back in the days, people would use the good ol’ fire as a source of heat and light, that’s why many houses were equipped with fireplaces.
However, this heating method is rather crude, quite unreliable and potentially dangerous. In the last century, bright people came up with ingenious heating options which are more efficient and easy to use.
Nowadays, you can heat up a large room using a portable heater which keeps running costs down and makes you feel more comfortable in your house or office.
There are multiple types of space heaters currently available on the market and each of them comes with its own pros and cons. Some air conditioners can also be used as heaters so if you own one, you might wanna check that out before buying a separate heater.
It is natural to feel confused and don’t know which one you should choose at first, but that’s why I came up with this article and the following buying guide.
You should do your homework and learn more about space heaters (it is not that complicated, trust me) to ensure that you make a great decision.
Keep reading to learn more about space heaters, how they stack up and which one would be more suitable for your particular needs and remember that these are space heaters for medium to large rooms.
How to Choose a Space Heater
Here’s a YouTube video by Consumer Reports explaining things:
First of all, you need to understand the difference between various types of space heaters. This will help you assess your particular needs and find out which one is ideal for your house or office.
There are generally 3 types of space heaters you can choose from – convection heaters, radiant or infrared heaters and fuel-based heaters.
Convection heaters basically transfer the heat to the surrounding air (in all directions) and you feel warmth when the heated air comes in contact with your skin. Most space heaters are convection-based and customers are satisfied with them.
Radiant or infrared heaters don’t actually transfer the heat to the air, but directly to the objects and people around them. The process is similar to sunlight – if you stay in a sunny area such as at the beach, you actually feel the warmth on your skin.
Radiant or infrared heaters have the added advantage that they don’t actually change the humidity and oxygen levels inside the house and this is a great thing for people who live in small apartments.
Finally, fuel-based heaters are pretty self-explanatory – they use a type of fuel (gas, propane, kerosene, etc) to produce heat and the fuel tank might need to be replaced once it gets empty.
Although these are usually used during emergency periods (such as power blackouts because they don’t require electricity), many people use them on a day to day basis.
A special category of fuel-based heaters is represented by oil space heaters. These devices don’t actually burn the oil, they use electricity to warm it up and circulate it throughout the heating elements. The heated oil also stays warm long after you have shut down the space heater.
All these heaters have their own advantages and disadvantages. For example, convection heaters tend to warm up the surrounding air which actually remains warm long after you have shut the heater down.
On the other hand, infrared or radiant heaters don’t influence the air quality and don’t change the humidity and oxygen levels, so even if you operate your device continuously, the air inside the room won’t get dry.
Fuel-based heaters are preferred in places where blackouts occur frequently and as an added advantage, they are also a bit less expensive in comparison with other types of heaters.
They can function without being connected to a power outlet, so you can take them with you if you go camping or organize an outdoor wedding in a large tent.
Coverage Area or Capacity
Space heaters are designed to provide sufficient heat to warm up a large area with a certain square footage. The power of a space heater can be between 750 watts and 1500 watts in most cases.
How much watts you need depends whether you live close to the Equator or not. For example, if you live close to the Equator and your house has 300 square feet, you might need 2100 watts to heat up your house.
If you live farther from the Equator and closer to the North or South Poles, you’ll eventually need around 3000 watts to heat up a 300 square feet house. (for more info, visit this site and read Heating Area and Power section).
To give you a rough estimate, most space heaters feature a power output of at least 1500 watts and manufacturers advertise that they can heat up a space of up to 250 square feet in size.
If you have a large building with multiple floors, you’ll probably want to add a space heater on each floor to provide consistent warmth throughout your establishment.
Design and Size
You might be happy to find out that space heaters can also be quite compact, not only powerful. They usually come in 2 standard form factors such as tower or box.
Both of them have their own pros and cons and they have a relatively small footprint, so you can place them in the kitchen, living room, office room or even dance studio.
Tower heaters tend to distribute the heat more evenly and they also occupy less space that cabinet or “box-like” heaters, that’s why they are probably more popular among customers.
Since these appliances are very powerful and generate a lot of heat, manufacturers went the extra mile to make them as safe as possible.
For example, most high-quality space heaters come with overheat protection which basically shuts of the power supply if the device becomes too hot.
They also incorporate tipping-over protection which turns off the device if it is accidentally turned on its side. Finally, all modern space heaters feature plastic housing which remains cool to the touch, even when the heater is operating at full power.
It is important to note here that although all space heaters incorporate elements which basically get hot and produce warmth, none of these are exposed or get in touch with the exterior housing. This convenient design feature makes the heater safe for kids or pets.
Today’s space heaters come with automatic thermostat control which basically adjusts the heat setting depending on the surrounding temperature level.
If the room gets too hot, the thermostat shuts off the heater for a while and vice versa. Some high-end space heaters are equipped with eco-saving features which reduce your energy bill even further.
If you want to calculate how much you will pay on a monthly basis to heat up your house, you can use this simple online tool.
Manufacturers of space heaters have also thought about this aspect and they have designed their products to be as quiet as possible while operating.
Most people report hearing a mild white noise when the heater is running and they say that the sound level is not disturbing in any way.
At the same time, if you run the device on a lower heat setting, the noise level would be almost inaudible. Think about that fact that these space heaters are designed for large rooms, so the bigger the surrounding area, the less intense the noise level is.
These are the basics of space heaters and by now you have a broader understanding of them. Continue reading my article to explore a couple of suggestions when it comes to space heaters.
Below you will see heating appliances which fall in the 3 categories mentioned above – convection, radiant or infrared and fuel-based heaters.
Lasko 5586 Digital Ceramic Tower Heater with Electronic Remote Control
My Rating: 4.9/5
Lasko is well known for making heating appliances for rooms of different sizes. Its products feature a compact form factor, they are easy to use and suitable for virtually any type of indoor area. The Lasko 5586 Digital Ceramic Tower Heater is ideal if you want a device with a really small footprint. Here are its highlights.
- 1500 watts of power – this device is capable of heating up a large area in a matter of minutes. It features several heat settings, so you don’t have to use the full 1500 watts if you don’t want to. The warmth is delivered to the surrounding air and it will stay there for a long period of time, making you feel comfortable and safe in your own place.
- Digital display and remote control – this model from Lasko also incorporates a large digital display where you can see the operating temperature level and several other informative symbols. Your unit also comes with a remote, so you’ll be able to adjust the heat level without getting off the couch!
- Programmable thermostat – another important benefit of this heater is that it comes with a programmable thermostat. You can set it to start heating your room at a certain time, most likely 30 minutes before arriving home from work. It features an 8-hour timer, so it can keep your house warm for the entire night.
- Automatic overheat protection – The 8-hour timer also acts as a safety feature because it prevents overheating, but at the same time, this device comes up with built-in sensors which immediately detect if the temperature has increased at a dangerous level. If it is the case, it shuts off the power supply to prevent unpleasant incidents in your house.
- Space-saving form factor – thanks to the fact that this heater has a tower design, it can be placed virtually anywhere and it is ideal for large rooms where every inch of space counts.
Lasko 760000 Ceramic Heater
My Rating: 4.9/5
Another great model from Lasko is the 760000 Ceramic Heater which features a “box-like” design. You will love this appliance because it can be placed next to walls in a large room and it will never stay in your way. Let’s explore its other advantages.
- 1500 watts of power – similar to the first model from Lasko, this space heater comes with a power of 1500 watts which makes it ideal for large rooms. It can deliver comfortable warmth at a steady pace, keep you and your family cozy for hours every day.
- Fresh air ionizer – one of the biggest advantages of this product is that it comes with an air ionizer feature which basically purifies the indoor air and improves its quality while delivering heat. This means that you can enjoy fresher air, free of chemicals and pollutants, and you don’t have to buy an air ionizer as a separate appliance.
- Select from 2 quiet settings – this device is jam-packed with useful functions! You will love the fact that you can select from 2 quiet settings, adjust the auto-off timer, control the heat settings and more. You have access to all these functions by using the front control panel as well as the remote which comes in the package.
- ETL listed – ETL certification basically means that this device has been tested by third-party organizations and it has been confirmed to be a high-quality item. You want to buy an ETL listed product because it will bring you more peace of mind, knowing that the heater you have bought will rise up to your expectations.
- Built-in safety features – Lasko has also made this device safe for use indoors. This product comes with an automatic turn-off feature if the device is accidentally turned over or the temperature reaches a dangerous level. The exterior housing also remains cool to the touch.
Lasko 5397 Ceramic Pedestal Heater with Remote Control
My Rating: 4.9/5
The 5397 model from Lasko is a smaller space heater, but equally powerful. It is used to create warmth at the seated level and it sits on a durable pedestal which makes it stable. This space heater can be used in any large room such as offices, living rooms or even commercial kitchens. Let’s discover its strong points.
- 1500 watts of power – just like the other Lasko models, this space heater also has a power output of 1500 watts. You can select how much heat you want at any given moment.
- Timer function – you can adjust the timer in 1-hour increments and the heater will automatically turn off after that particular period. The timer can be adjusted up to 8 hours. You have access to all the functions of the device via its top-mounted control panel or using the remote.
- Built-in safety features – apart from the wide pedestal which keeps this appliance stable, your unit is also equipped with built-in safety features such as overheat protection and cool-touch housing. Even if this device is accidentally tipped over, the built-in sensors will shut off the power, preventing a fire.
- 2 quiet settings – you can have this device in low or high heat settings or you can opt for the automatic mode which regulates the heat output depending on the temperature in the room. The auto mode can actually reduce your energy bill in the long run.
- 3 years warranty – Lasko is a trustworthy manufacturer and the experts behind it want you to feel safe while buying their products. Each space heater you buy from Lasko comes with a warranty period of 3 years which is good to have, just in case. If you’re wondering about assembly, the process takes just a couple of minutes and can be done by anyone with little to no effort.
Lasko 758000 Cyclonic Ceramic Heater
My Rating: 4.8/5
If you’re looking for yet another model from Lasko, check out the 758000 Cyclonic Heater which is very similar to the 760000 model I talked about earlier. There is a small price difference between these two products and the 758000 model comes without an air ionizer feature which makes it more affordable for people who have a smaller budget. Here are its main benefits.
- 1500 watts – you will appreciate the great heat power of this device as it can warm up large rooms in a matter of minutes. If you want to save on your energy bill, you can use just 750 watts to heat up your house.
- Space saving design – this space heater is ideal for a wide variety of medium and large rooms such as schools, kitchens, living rooms, offices and more. it is tall but relatively thin, so it can be placed next to a wall to save space.
- You can choose from low and high heat settings – the front control panel is intuitive and easy to use, so take advantage of it to adjust your heater to your desired temperature. You can leave it on low or high heat or choose the auto mode which basically toggles between these 2 settings depending on the temperature level in the room.
- Overheat protection – you will have more peace of mind knowing that this appliance comes with built-in sensors that automatically shut off the power if a dangerous temperature level is reached. This model also comes with tip-over protection and features a cool housing.
- 3 years warranty – the manufacturer backs this product up with a warranty period of 3 years. Your unit is also ETL listed which basically makes you feel even more confident in this product, knowing that it has been independently tested by third-party organizations.
Lasko 5538 Ceramic Electric Tower
My Rating: 4.8/5
I will continue the list of excellent space heaters from Lasko with another portable model. This ceramic heater features compact dimensions and it is lightweight, so you can take it with you wherever you go. Its beautiful, minimalistic design also makes it look just right wherever you put it.
- 1500 watts of power – pretty much all Lasko space heaters come with 1500 watts of power and this is not an exception. You’ll love that you can heat up a large commercial kitchen or living room in just a couple of minutes and the noise level at full power is acceptable, according to most past customers.
- ETL listed – this model is also ETL listed, so it has been thoroughly checked out by third-party experts for quality craftsmanship. It also comes with multiple safety features such as a cool housing, overheat protection, tip-over automatic shut off feature and more. You’ll never leave the house worried while this device is operating!
- Tower design – Its convenient form factor make this device suitable almost anywhere. It is just 6-7 inches wide and 6-7 inches deep, so you can place it near your office, in the living room, in a conference room or anywhere you need to create a warm and comfortable living space.
- 3 heat settings – you can choose from high heat, low heat or automatic mode which is basically controlled by the thermostat and adjusts the temperature accordingly. This device also comes with a built-in 8-hour shut off timer which adds yet another layer of security when using it.
- 3 years warranty – take advantage of the 3-years warranty period provided by the manufacturer if you find out that this model came with manufacturing defects. Lasko has a friendly customer service that will help you get the most out of your unit.
Lasko CT22410 Electric Ceramic Tower
My Rating: 4.8/5
The last Lasko model in my list is represented by the CT22410 which is another ceramic tower heater with an impressive, futuristic design.
This product boasts an elegant black color scheme, it doesn’t require assembly and it is suitable for many large spaces such as commercial buildings, offices, work areas or living rooms. Take a look at some of its most attractive features.
- 1500 watts of power – feel free to use as much heat as you want – the low heat setting which uses just 750 watts of power, saving on your energy bill, or the high heat setting which uses the full 1500 watts. You can also leave the device in auto mode which works in tandem with the thermostat to adjust the temperature in the room automatically.
- 7-hour shut off timer – this timer can be adjusted in increments of 1-hour and it is useful for those moments when you need to have the room heated up at a certain time such as when guests or employees arrive. The timer is easy to adjust using the frontal control panel or the remote included in the package.
- Carry handle – not only that this heater is powerful and eye-catching, but it also comes with a carrying handle which makes it more portable and easier to move around.
- ETL listed – this is yet another model from Lasko which has been tested by third-party organizations, so you should buy with confidence. If you’re interested in safety features, this particular device comes with a plastic cool-touch housing and it features overheat protection too.
- Can heat up rooms up to 300 sq ft – although this device is rather compact and weighs less than 8 pounds, it is a very powerful unit which can actually heat up a room with a size of 300 square feet.
Optimus Quartz 2 in 1 Convection and Radiant Heater OPSH5300
My Rating: 4.9/5
To diversify this list, I wanted to include a model which is based on both convection and radiant principles to deliver heat. The 2 in 1 Convection and Radiant Heater from Optimus is an attractive model made mostly from metal.
This trustworthy brand specializes in portable heaters, fans, outdoor heaters, industrial equipment and even air purifiers. Let’s discover the main benefits of the Quartz 2 in 1 heater.
- Convection and radiant heat – this model is capable of warming up the surrounding air as well as delivering heat directly to the objects and people in the room. It is designed for large spaces and you can choose between the two heating options using the front control panel.
- 4 heat settings – the total power output of this model is 1500 watts, just like the Lasko models. You can select from 4 heat settings which use 375, 750, 1125 and 1500 watts respectively). Going for the lower settings will definitely reduce your energy bill over the years.
- Automatic thermostat control – if you don’t want to adjust the heat settings all the times, you can put the heater on thermostat control and let it adjust the power automatically, depending on the surrounding temperature level. This model also comes with wheels which facilitate the moving process from room to room.
- Cord storage – this space heater also includes a storage area for the cord as well as a carrying handle for those moments when you need to transport it to another establishment or house.
- Radiant heat doesn’t dry air – one of the main advantages of radiant heating is that it impacts the surrounding objects and people directly, without changing the chemical composition of the air. As a result, the air in a room heated with radiant heat will not become dry and the oxygen levels will remain the same.
These are excellent buying options if you are looking for a device which uses convection heating systems. If you are interested in a model that is based on radiant or infrared heating, check out the products below:
Honeywell EnergySmart Infrared Whole Room Heater
My Rating: 4.9/5
You definitely have heard about Honeywell before, this is a renowned brand specialized in household electronics which can make your living easier and more comfortable. I selected the EnergySmart Infrared Heater from Honeywell because it comes with multiple benefits and it has a rather compact form factor.
- 1500 watts of power – just like the models from Lasko, this heater can operate at up to 1500 watts on the high heat setting. If you don’t need that much heating power, you can also use just 1000 watts which are represented by the low heat setting.
- Built-in safety features – Honeywell also knows how to make an appliance safe and this model comes with overheat protection, cool-touch housing as well as tip-over automatic shut off features. You will have more peace of mind knowing that your heating device runs safely and optimally.
- Digital controls – feel free to play with the front control panel which incorporates an LCD display and digital controls. This panel allows you to access the main functions of your heater and the user interface is highly intuitive. In the package, you’ll also find a remote control which makes operating this device a breeze.
- EnergySmart controls – on top of the digital controls, this model is also equipped with an energy usage indicator which basically lets you know how much energy has been used. You’ll appreciate this feature as it helps you estimate the operating costs as well as help you save more money in the long run.
- 3 years warranty – your unit comes with a warranty period of 3 years which is a great thing to have. Thanks to the compact, “box-like” form factor, this device can be placed anywhere in a large room and it comes with a carrying handle to make the moving process much easier.
Soleil Quartz Infrared Electric Space Heater, PH91K
My Rating: 4.9/5
Another excellent infrared heater comes from Soleil, a company which makes a wide variety of compact heaters, ceramic heaters, infrared heaters, convection heaters and utility heaters.
This brand is well-known for making reliable products and the PH91K model is ideal for large areas such as offices, commercial kitchens, schools or living rooms. It features a heat output of up to 5200 BTU/h which is impressive!
- 1500 watts of power – this immense heating power is ensured by the maximum power output of 1500 watts which is accessible by using the high heat mode. If you toggle to the low heat mode, the heater uses 750 watts of power and reduces your energy bill by half. You can also set the desired temperature control from 59 to 86 degrees F, depending on your needs and preferences.
- 12-hour timer – unlike the other models, this particular heater comes with a timer that can be set to a maximum of 12 hours. You can adjust the timer options by operating the intuitive frontal control panel.
- Air filter – this device doesn’t only heat your room, but it also purifies the indoor air, a thing you’ll definitely appreciate. Air quality is seriously underrated these days, but this model from Soleil can help you breathe fresher air, free of chemicals, pollutants, and allergens.
- Built-in safety features – you can benefit from overheat protection as well as cool-touch housing if you buy this device. Other safety features include tip-over protection which shuts off the heater in the case it is accidentally turned on its side.
- Remote control – you’ll love the fact that you can operate this appliance without getting off from your bed! If you want to move it from one room to the other, it also incorporates caster wheels which make the moving process a whole lot easier.
Soleil Electric Infrared Cabinet Space Heater, PH-91F
My Rating: 4.9/5
I’ll include yet another model from Soleil because the PH-91F model is highly appreciated by the general public and it comes at a reasonable price.
Although it looks almost identical to the previous model (PH91K), this particular appliance doesn’t feature an air filter, but it comes at a reduced cost, so it is more suitable for people who have a smaller budget or probably already have a device for improving indoor air quality.
- 1500 watts of power – 1500 watts is usually more than enough to heat up a large room and you can take advantage of them in full by switching your heater to the high heat mode. If you want to use less energy, go for the low heat option which uses 750 watts.
- LED display – the front control panel comes with an LED display and push buttons to access the main functions of this device. A remote is also included in the package for those moments when you’re just too comfortable to operate the heater manually.
- Overheat protection – every model from Soleil comes with built-in safety features and this one is not an exception. These features include overheating protection, cool-touch housing, tip-over automatic shut off and more. You’ll have more peace of mind letting this heater run during the night, knowing that nothing bad will happen.
- Energy saving mode – apart from selecting from the low heat and high heat modes, you also have the possibility to leave your unit on energy saving mode which basically works with the thermostat to adjust the heat setting without your intervention. This operating mode can definitely save you money on your energy bill.
- Infrared heat doesn’t reduce humidity – thanks to the fact that this model delivers infrared heat, the surrounding air is not influenced, so humidity and oxygen levels will remain the same. This is a great feature because if you’re breathing air which is too dry, you can develop mild respiratory problems in the future.
Soleil Infrared 4-Element Quartz Electric Room Heater with Remote, PH-91S
My Rating: 4.9/5
If you’re interested in yet another superb model from Soleil, check out the PH-91S heater which boasts an elegant, minimalistic design and comes with wheels for easy transport.
This appliance also features a cabinet form factor and it can be used in any large room. Here are its main advantages.
- 2 heat settings – you can enjoy the full power of this device and have it run at a maximum power output of 1500 watts or you can choose the low heat setting which uses just 750 watts, reducing your energy bill by 50%.
- LED display – this modern unit also comes with an intuitive and easy-to-use front panel which incorporates digital controls and allows you to access the main functions of this heater. If you don’t want to control your heater manually, use the included remote control for adjusting temperature or setting the timer. The maximum temperature level you can set is 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Built-in safety features – Soleil doesn’t make any compromises when it comes to safety and you will definitely appreciate that. This model comes with overheat protection, tip-over automatic shut off feature as well as a plastic housing which remains cool to the touch even when the heater is operating at full blast.
- Energy saving mode – apart from the 2 selectable heat settings, you can also opt for the energy saving mode which automatically adjusts the heat output depending on the surrounding temperature level. This mode can save you money on your energy bill and ensures that you’ll always have a warm room when you need it the most.
- 12-hour timer – one of its most useful functions is the 12-hour timer which basically lets you adjust the shut-off timer in increments of 1 hour, up to 12 hours. This prevents overheating and minimizes running costs.
Now that you became familiar with infrared or radiant space heaters, let’s take a look at fuel-based ones too. You’ll love the fact that some of these heaters don’t actually require electricity to run and they can be used on a day to day basis or just during emergencies, depending on your preferences.
Dyna-Glo 10K BTU Indoor Kerosene Radiant Heater
My Rating: 4.8/5
Dyna-Glo specializes in heating products and it creates radiant heating devices, propane-based heaters, barbecue grills and more.
I selected the Kerosene Radiant Heater because it provides excellent value for money, doesn’t use any electricity and can be very useful in the case of a power outage.
- Heats up to 500 square feet – use this appliance if you want to heat up really large spaces such as commercial kitchens, offices, restaurants and more. This fuel-based heater has a heat output of 10,000 BTUs which is really impressive, given its relatively compact dimensions.
- Automatic ignition – since this device doesn’t use electricity, you’re probably wondering how you’re going to start it up. It comes with an automatic ignition feature which provides the spark each time you need to turn on the appliance. As a result, you don’t have to use matches, lighters or other tools to get the device up and running.
- Kerosene tank is replaceable – this appliance uses kerosene to provide heat and it is designed to operate continuously up to 13 hours. It features a 1-gallon kerosene tank which is easy to replace and can be bought from most home appliance stores.
- Built-in switch off feature – to prevent undesired accidents, Dyna-Glo added multiple safety features to this powerful unit such as automatic switch-off if the temperature reaches a dangerous level, one-touch shut off feature and more. You can relax and enjoy the comfortable warmth provided by this device, having more peace of mind that nothing bad will happen.
- 1-year warranty – the manufacturer offers a warranty period of 1 year for this device and Dyna-Glo is known for providing quick, friendly assistance to its customers. Whether you use this device during emergencies or on a daily basis, you’ll be amazed by how powerful it can actually be!
Dyna-Glo 30,000 LP Propane Tank Top, Garage Space Heater, TT30CDGP
My Rating: 4.8/5
I wanted to include another exquisite model from Dyna-Glo – the TT30CDGP space heater which has a heat output of up to 30,000 BTUs.
This appliance is very easy to use and it comes with built-in safety features, making it ideal for heating large indoor areas as well as outdoor spaces.
- 30,000 BTUs of heat – BTU stands for British Thermal Unit and it provides a standard measuring method for assessing how powerful heating devices are. 30,000 BTUs amount to approximately 8792.1321 watts which is impressive when you take into account the reduced dimensions of this heater. Your unit is equipped with two burners, each with a heat output of 15,000 BTUs.
- Safety shut-off valve – safety comes before everything else when it comes to space heaters and this model is equipped with a shut-off valve which cuts the fuel supply if necessary. Your device uses a standard 20 lbs propane cylinder which can be bought from most home appliance stores or by ordering it online.
- Made from durable materials – this model features a steel heat reflector to amplify the heat output as well as a chrome, rustproof guard. You’ll find it very easy to use this device and it comes with 3 heat settings – low, medium and high.
- Compact and portable – you can take this appliance with you anywhere you go as it can be assembled in minutes (you just have to connect the burners to a propane tank) and it provides instant heat once you turned on the fuel supply. You can use matches or a standard lighter to provide the ignition.
- Long operating time – you can use either one or both of the burners, depending on your heating needs. If you go for both burners on the low heat setting, the device is operational for up to 24 hours. If you put it on the medium heat setting, it can run for up to 16 hours and on high heat setting both burners will provide heat for up to 14 hours.
DeLonghi TRD40615E High-Performance Radiant Heater with Electronic Controls
My Rating: 4.8/5
The last space heater on my list comes from Delonghi which is a prestigious manufacturer of home-related appliances. This brand is known for making good coffee makers, dehumidifiers as well as space heaters. I went for the TRD40615E model because it offers great performance at a reduced cost. Here are its highlights.
- 1500 watts of power – although this device is in the “fuel-based heaters” section, it actually uses electricity to heat up the oil which circulates through its elements. This oil is heated up and moved around the device, providing continuous heat. You will love the fact that the oil reservoir is sealed shut and you never have to refill this device!
- Digital controls – your Delonghi unit comes with similar features as the other space heaters such as digital controls, timer function, multiple heat settings and more. You can easily access the functions of this device using the front control panel.
- ECO function – if you want to reduce your energy bill, take advantage of the ECO function this device comes with. The ECO feature works with the thermostat to continuously adjust the heat output depending on the surrounding temperature levels. This can save you a lot of money on your energy bill in the long run.
- Comes fully assembled – take it out of the box and enjoy its comfortable warmth! This appliance comes fully assembled and it features small wheels which make transportation a breeze. You’ll also appreciate the top mounted handles which help you move this heater from one place to the other with less difficulty.
- Beautiful, minimalist design – Delonghi is an Italian brand and Italians know a thing or two about aesthetics. This model features a beautiful black and white color scheme and looks just right anywhere you put it – in the classroom, in a commercial kitchen, office space or conference room.
Pick the Right Space Heater
These are some of the best space heaters for large rooms available on the market today. It is up to you to decide which one is more suitable for your needs.
For example, if you currently have a humidifier in your room, you can go for a convection-based heater because the humidity and oxygen levels will eventually balance out.
If you don’t have a humidifier, try going for a device which uses radiant heat as this type of appliance doesn’t interfere with the humidity levels in the room.
In a similar way, if you frequently experience blackouts in your area, go for a fuel-based device which uses only fuel to produce heat.
Although you might have to refill the fuel tank from time to time, you’ll ensure that your workers or guests will never be cold during winter times.
Another important aspect to consider is the actual shape of your unit – would you go for a tower heater or a cabinet-style one? Both of them have their advantages, but many people prefer the tower heaters because they distribute heat more evenly and are more aesthetically pleasing. Weigh in these aspects and I’m sure you’ll make a good decision. Good luck!