Are you tired of rubbing and scrubbing your floors, trying to eliminate stubborn dust and pet hair from under the couch? Then maybe you should consider looking for the best robot mops.
Cleaning the house isn’t the most pleasant thing in the world, but it’s a maintenance task which needs to be done regularly.
Depending on the size of your house, this activity can take from 20 minutes up to 2 hours, but now you have the possibility to “outsource” this task to modern robot mops which can do all the cleaning for you.
What are robot mops or robot vacuums? These products are small devices equipped with sensors that can’t wait to vacuum, sweep and/or mop your floors for you at the press of a button.
They can easily navigate throughout your house, avoiding obstacles such as furniture items, stereo speakers, and even your cat.
You just have to empty the dustbin, fill the tank with water if necessary, and press the start button. Robot vacuums are increasingly less expensive these days and they are suitable for multiple types of floors.
Keep reading this article to find out more about robot mops and how to buy one suitable for your needs.
How To Choose A Robot Mop/Vacuum
The first thing you need to know is that these products come in various types – you can find robot mops on the market, robot vacuum-mops (they also vacuum the floors, not only mopping them) as well as vacuum-mops which have a “sweep” function.
Those which can vacuum, mop, and sweep at the same time are more expensive, but they are worth every penny because they take care of all the required cleaning tasks for you.
Some robot mops are designed to do just that (mopping the floors) and they’re very good at it.
You can choose from multiple options here (damp mops or dry mops, for example) and these products are usually less expensive than hybrid mops (which can also vacuum and/or sweep).
I use mine for both my living room and bedroom, and I’m really satisfied with the results. My cat doesn’t like it very much but it’s worth investing in one I would say.
When shopping for robot mops, it is important to also choose one which is suitable for the type of floor you have.
Most mops can tackle hardwood floors, tile, ceramic floors, and carpets, but some of them are specifically designed (and advertised) for cleaning one of those floor types.
Do you have pets? If so, it would be a good idea to go for a robot vacuum which is designed to deal with pet hair better.
We all know that long dog hair can look unappealing in a house, so buying a robot mop which is specialized in eliminating pet hair is the right thing to.
Battery and runtime
As mentioned earlier, robot mops come with a built-in rechargeable battery. This battery is similar to the one in your smartphone and it needs to be recharged on a regular basis.
All robot mops come with a docking station which recharges the battery in about 2 hours or so.
Some mops are clever and they automatically dock themselves to the charging point when the battery is low, so you don’t have to do recharge them manually.
It depends on the size and type of the robot mop, but most of them can definitely run for about 30-60 minutes.
Some robot mops which don’t offer a sweeping or vacuuming option (which consumes a lot of power) might be able to go up to 2 hours before they need to be recharged.
Wouldn’t be great to be able to control your robot mop using your smartphone or voice?
More sophisticated cleaners come with Wi-Fi connectivity and they can be connected to the Alexa system installed in your house.
Manufacturers will allow you to download an app on your phone which gives you the opportunity to control the robot mop from a distance.
You can send it to work, adjust cleaning settings, see the battery level and perform other functions without ever getting off from your couch!
Robot mops also come with different types of accessories such as additional cleaning cloths, washable filters, additional batteries, a docking station for recharging, etc.
Make sure that you check out the specifics of the robot mop you want to buy, so that you know exactly what’s included in the package.
Warranty and price
Each piece of hardware comes with a warranty policy these days and robot mops are not an exception.
You might be happy to find out that some products come with a warranty period between 1 and 3 years or even more. This covers for manufacturing defects and protects your investment.
When it comes to cost considerations, the more sophisticated the robot, the more expensive it will be, but your user experience will also be sublime!
Most robot mops are priced between $150 and $700. The higher-end models have Wi-Fi connectivity, better sensors, better functionality, multiple features and can be controlled with a phone.
If you would like to test the waters first, go for a more affordable robot mop and see how practical and efficient it can be in your house.
Most customers who bought robot mops don’t regret their decision and saved hundreds of hours of cleaning time over the course of 1 or 2 years.
Best Robot Mops/Vacuums for 2018
iRobot Braava 380t
My rating: 4.9/5
iRobot is a brand which specializes in cleaning robots. They make robot mops, vacuums, even robot pool cleaners which can rub and scrub your pool while you sit back and enjoy your cocktail.
Let’s take a look at the Braava 380t Robot Mop and see what it can do.
- 2 Cleaning modes – you can choose from 2 different cleaning options such as dry sweeping or damp mopping. Both of these cleaning methods work wonders on various floor types such as hardwood floors, ceramic, tile or marble floors.
- Recharges in 2 hours – thanks to the Turbo recharging mode, you can have this product up and running again in just two hours. The docking station which recharges your unit is included in the package, so you don’t have to buy it separately.
- Sufficient runtime – this robot mop is ideal for properties of all sizes! It can sweep up to 1000 square feet of hardwood floors as well as mop surfaces up to 350 square feet in a single cycle.
- Advanced sensors – this model from iRobot is equipped with the NorthStar Navigation system which works like an indoor GPS system. It can cleverly keep track of the places it has been before, so it doesn’t mop twice in the same area. This system also makes the robot mop very accurate when it comes to avoiding obstacles from your house.
- Suitable for multiple types of floors – your robot device can clean different types of floors such as laminate, hardwood, vinyl, tile, ceramic, and more.
As a drawback, some customers complained that they encountered reliability problems with this model, but remember that it comes with a warranty policy from the manufacturer.
Contact iRobot right away if your device becomes problematic, but such instances are very rare.
eufy RoboVac 11
My rating: 4.9/5
eufy makes a wide variety of home appliances such as light bulbs, robot vacuums with different features, ambient lights, etc.
The RoboVac 11 is one of the most advanced and easy to use robot cleaner money can buy today.
- Hybrid device – this product from eufy is a high-tech device which can mop your floors as well as vacuum them. It has side brushes and a rolling brush which ensure proper cleaning on various types of floors such as hardwood, ceramic, tile, and more.
- Long-lasting battery – your RoboVac is also equipped with a powerful lithium-ion battery which can ensure a strong suction for up to 90 minutes. This is usually sufficient to clean a large house. Best of all, your robot vacuum cleaner is also capable of climbing over carpets on its own, so you don’t have to intervene at all during the cleaning process.
- 3 cleaning modes – this sophisticated model from eufy comes with 3 different cleaning modes such as Edge, Spot, and Max. They will help you get rid of stubborn dirt and eliminate stains from various types of floors.
- Accessories included – your powerful cleaning device from eufy also comes with multiple goodies in the package such as a high-performance filter, charging base, remote control, adapter, cleaning tool, and others.
- 1-year warranty – this product is also backed up by a warranty period of 1 year, so you are entitled to free part replacements or repairs if the device becomes problematic in the future.
No product is perfect and this one received a couple of negative comments from people who claim that it is not efficient for cleaning rugs.
The RoboVac 11 is designed for different types of floors such as hardwood, laminate, etc, but it doesn’t excel on carpets.
However, eufy makes other cleaning products which are ideal for cleaning carpets, so you might want to check those out.
ILIFE V5s Pro
My rating: 4.8/5
ILIFE is another brand that specializes in robot vacuum and mop cleaners. The products made by this company are reasonably priced and they come with innovative features such as integrated cameras for better navigation around the house.
Let’s explore the benefits of the V5s model:
- Hybrid model – this product can do it all – sweep, vacuum, and damp mop your floors, so you don’t actually have to purchase another device for cleaning your house! It is also designed to deal with stubborn pet hair, so if you have cats or dogs, this robot mop might be exactly what you are looking for.
- Docks automatically – you don’t actually have to manually plug this product into the recharging dock, it will do it by himself! Your robot vacuum keeps track of the docking station’s location and when the battery is low (or the cleaning process is completed), it will automatically come back home for a bit of juice. I can’t help but wonder when our day-to-day cars will park themselves like this?
- Excellent sensor technology – this product is also equipped with some of the best sensors available on the market, so it can accurately avoid obstacles such as kids’ toys, furniture items or household electronics. Best of all, it knows where it has cleaned already and it strives to move where dirt hides often such as under the couch.
- Enough battery runtime – you might be happy to find out that this product is capable of vacuuming and mopping your floors for up to 140 minutes straight. That’s really impressive and it means that it can easily tackle large properties or commercial floors.
- Slim design – apart from having a great runtime, your ILIFE vacuum cleaner is also very attractive and features an elegant and slim design. It can easily go under couches and it can be stored almost anywhere because it has a compact form factor.
Some customers complained that this product had a hard time finding its charging station, but this might happen in the beginning until the sensors are calibrated properly.
Try to keep the charging station in the same place all the times and your robot mop will know exactly where to return.
iRobot Roomba 960
My rating: 4.8/5
if you are looking for a really sophisticated and attractive robot cleaner, I recommend the iRobot Roomba 960 model.
This product comes with multiple innovative features and can be bought as a standalone product or together with a virtual wall which improves the cleaning process.
- Auto-Adjust cleaning option – the Roomba model is specifically designed to clean almost all floor types, including hardwood, carpets, ceramic, tile, marble, and more. It has a clever system which detects the floor type it is on and configures the cleaning process accordingly.
- 75-minute runtime – this product is powered by a lithium-ion battery which can run for up to 75 minutes. Your Roomba comes back to the charging station automatically and it recharges itself, before resuming the cleaning process.
- Connects with Alexa – you can synchronize this product with the Alexa device and control the robot vacuum cleaner with your voice. Best of all, this product also comes with an intuitive app which lets you control it by phone, You can also schedule cleaning tasks, see the battery level, choose the right cleaning mode, etc.
- Excellent with pet hair – thanks to the fact that it has tangle free brushes, this product will easily eliminate pet hair from your house. The robot lifts and lowers itself up, depending on the surface it is situated, and has a powerful suction system which captures all dirt and dust from your property.
- 1-year warranty – your Roomba is also accompanied by a warranty period of 1 year and in the package, you can find more goodies such as an additional filter, cleaning brush, and others.
As a disadvantage, some people consider this product to be quite expensive, but it is one of the most advanced and easy to use robot vacuum cleaner money can buy today.
Regardless of the size of your house or the types of floors you have, the Roomba comes with multiple features which can easily clean your house and exceed your expectations!
ECOVACS OZMO 601
My rating: 4.7/5
EcoVacs makes some of the most advanced and sophisticated robot mops on the market. Its products are designed to eliminate dirt and dust from some of the most inaccessible places, leaving your house clean and tidy each time!
Let’s take a look at the advantages of the Ozmo 601 model.
- 3 cleaning modes – you can choose from 3 different cleaning modes such as Auto, Spot, and Edge, depending on your preferences. Although this product is more suitable for hardwood floors, it can easily tackle any type of floors such as carpets, ceramic, tile or marble floors.
- Long battery life – you might be happy to find out that your EcoVacs product has a runtime of approximately 120 minutes which is usually sufficient for cleaning houses of small, medium and large sizes. When the battery level is low or the cleaning process is completed, the robot mop will come back to the charging station on its own, so you don’t have to manually recharge it.
- S Shape cleaning path – this product has been heavily engineered to follow an S-path when cleaning and avoiding places where it has been before. This system makes the cleaning process more efficient and reduces battery consumption.
- Accessories included – the package comes full of practical accessories such as side brushes, charging station, air filters, sponge, and a warranty period of 1 year. Many customers agree that this model from EcoVacs provides the best bang for your buck.
- Control it with your phone – you might be happy to find out that the manufacturer offers a downloadable app which allows you to control your robot mop using your phone. You can schedule cleaning times, see the battery level, and maintain your product directly from the screen of your smartphone.
Some customers complain that this robot cleaner is not extremely efficient when it comes to finding its way around the house.
Keep in mind that this is expected during the first cleaning processes until the robot learns the layout of your property and calibrates itself correctly.
After a while, your robot mop will become more efficient, so give it some time to adjust itself.
eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S (Slim)
My rating: 4.8/5
I’d like to introduce you to another exquisite product from eufy and that is the BoostIQ RoboVac.
This model has been voted the “Best Robot Vacuum of 2018” by Digital Trends and it Is a sophisticated and powerful cleaning unit suitable for residential and commercial properties.
- Automatic Cleaning mode – you just have to press a button and your robot vacuum started working diligently. This product has an automatic cleaning mode which works best on all floor types including hardwood and carpets.
- Designed to avoid accidents – not only that it can automatically climb over rugs and carpets, but this model is also designed to avoid falling down the stairs. Its clever sensors detect various types of obstacles and ledges, keeping the unit in a great condition all the times.
- 100 minutes runtime – your robot vacuum from eufy comes with a powerful lithium-ion battery which has a runtime of approximately 100 minutes. This is usually more than enough for cleaning a large property and when the battery gets depleted, your unit automatically docks itself to the recharging station.
- 1.2 lbs dustbin – this product is equipped with a 1.2-pound dustbin which is sufficient for a thorough cleaning process. When the bin is full, you just press a button to empty it in a safe and hygienic way. Thanks to the large size of the dustbin, you will not have to empty it that often.
- 1-year warranty – this manufacturer offers a warranty period of 1 year for your eufy robot vacuum cleaner. The warranty covers the costs of defective components and gives you more peace of mind knowing that your investment is protected.
When it comes to disadvantages, a few customers received damaged products, but eufy was quick to replace them with brand new ones, so this isn’t a major issue.
Remember that this manufacturer has a friendly and responsive customer service, so contact them if you run into problems with your product.
iRobot Braava jet 240
My rating: 4.8/5
If you are looking for an affordable robot mop which can also sweep your floors then look no further than the iRobot Braava jet 240 model.
This is a cute little gadget that can eliminate dust, dirt and pet hair from different types of floors.
- Multiple cleaning modes – this product is capable of automatically choosing the correct cleaning mode, depending on the floor type. It can select from damp mopping, wet or dry sweeping, etc. Thanks to its clever design, it can easily climb over rugs and carpets and continue the cleaning process uninterrupted.
- Safe disposal of dirt – you will never have to get in contact with dirt or dust if you choose this robot mop because it has an intelligent system that ejects accumulated debris at the press of a button. This makes your iRobot very hygienic and easy to use and it is a reason why so many people appreciate it.
- Sprays the stains first – unlike many other robot mops, this one can spray the area in front of it to loosen up dirt patches and stains. This makes the cleaning process more effective. Best of all, your jet 240 robot mop scans the area first, so it doesn’t spray and damage furniture items, walls or other items.
- Virtual wall mode – you have the possibility to create a virtual wall which acts like a boundary for your robot mop. It will not go past this virtual wall and it will continue to clean in the specified area, making the cleaning process more efficient.
- 1-year warranty – the package contains multiple accessories and goodies such as a 1-year warranty card, moping pads, charging station, sweeping pads, instructions manual, battery, etc.
As a drawback, some people complain that it is not the most efficient robot mop for hardwood floors, but these negative comments are rare.
The Jet 240 robot mop is an efficient all-rounder, designed to tackle different types of floors, including hardwood, so it is not particularly built for a unique flooring type.
Most customers are happy with its cleaning features and you might be as well.
Here’s a video showing how to use this iRobot Braava:
Amatrix Cleaner V600
My rating: 4.9/5
Amatrix isn’t a very well-known brand, but it makes high quality and popular robot mops such as the V600 model.
This product can both vacuum and mop your floors and it comes with multiple innovative features at a reasonable price.
- Ideal for most floor types – since it has 2 cleaning options (dry and wet), this robot mop is suitable for multiple flooring options including hardwood, ceramic, tile and marble floors. The dry vacuuming option is ideal for your carpets as well.
- Recharges automatically – this is yet another intelligent robot mop which docks itself to the charging station when the battery is low, without requiring your intervention. You can also schedule cleaning operations at various times of the day and the robot will diligently do its work while you’re away.
- Advanced sensors – your Amatrix robot cleaner is equipped with high-quality sensors which are capable of detecting obstacles such as furniture items, household electronics, etc. Best of all, it automatically detects stairs and changes direction, so it won’t fall and get damaged.
- UV sterilization – another interesting feature of this robot mop is the UV sterilization feature which basically casts an UV light over your floors to eliminate most bacteria and microbes. This makes your floors more hygienic and gives you more peace of mind when your kids are playing on the floors.
- HEPA filters – your robot mop is also equipped with HEPA filters which absorb allergens such as pollen, dust, and other impurities. This makes the lives of people with asthma easier and it prevents cardiovascular or respiratory diseases in your family.
The only drawback with this product would be the lack of connectivity with a smartphone app, but this shouldn’t be a problem because you get a remote (and 2 batteries) in the package which allows you to control your robot mop from a distance.
Use the remote to also schedule cleaning tasks and access the main functions of your robot.
bObsweep PetHair Plus – Best for Pet Hair
My rating: 4.9/5
bObsweep makes some of the most advanced and sophisticated robot cleaners on the market.
Its products are not only reliable, but come with multiple accessories which facilitate the cleaning process.
The PetHair Plus model is ideal for houses with pets and it is efficient for multiple types of floors.
- 3-in-1 cleaning – this product can sweep, vacuum, and mop your floors at the same time, so you don’t have to buy an additional product for cleaning your house. You can put your robot cleaner on auto mode and let it tackle different types of floors such as hardwood, carpets, etc.
- UV sterilization – another impressive feature consists of the UV sterilization option which basically kills most germs, microbes, and bacteria from your floors using a powerful UV light. This feature is standard on all bObsweep products and makes your floors more hygienic.
- HEPA filtration – we all know that various types of allergens such as pollen or fine dust can cause allergies and respiratory infections. This robot vacuum is equipped with a HEPA filter which absorbs most of the allergens from your floors and reduces the likelihood of developing a disease.
- Automatic charging – one of the best things about this robot cleaner is that it docks to the charging station automatically when the battery is low, so you don’t have to remember to do it manually. This simple feature saves time, effort and makes the robot more efficient.
- Create digital boundaries – homeowners also have the possibility to create 2 perpendicular digital boundaries on the floors to limit the cleaning area of the robot. This is useful because it prevents the robot from getting into places where it shouldn’t go and speeds up the cleaning process.
You can definitely work at the computer or watch television while this robot does its job without feeling disturbed by the noise.
Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner
My rating: 4.7/5
Coredy is a brand that makes a wide variety of small household electronics such as Wi-Fi range extenders, electric toothbrushes, and of course, vacuum cleaners.
The robot cleaning device from Coredy is equipped with multiple cleaning modes and innovative features such as the following ones.
- 3-in-1 device – this robot cleaner will mop, vacuum and sweep your floors with little to no effort. You also have the possibility to choose from wet or dry mopping and the robot will automatically lift itself up when it encounters a carpet, so you don’t have to intervene during the cleaning process.
- Quiet operation – one of the main advantages of this product is the simple fact that it can clean your house without making too much noise, especially if you let it on Auto mode which is ideal for most cleaning operations.
- Good for pet hair – if you have dogs or cats in your house, this robot cleaner might be ideal for you because it features multiple rolling brushes and filters which capture pet hairs of different lengths as well as allergens such as pollen and fine dust.
- Intelligent navigation – this robot cleaner has no less than 12 different sensors which can keep it stable and efficient when navigating the rooms of your house. Best of all, these sensors detect stairs or ledges and make the device change direction to avoid damage.
- 1-year warranty – your product comes with multiple attractive benefits such as a warranty policy of 1 year which covers for defective components and similar problems.
As a disadvantage, a few customers complained that one of the side brushes became defective after a while, but it was quickly replaced by the manufacturer.
To avoid such problems, make sure you use the robot according to the instructions mentioned in the manual.
If your robot becomes problematic, contact the manufacturer right away because Coredy has a friendly customer service and can help you 24/7.
1- If I get a robot cleaner, it means I don’t have to clean my house manually, ever?
It is true that most robot cleaning devices are designed to take over the job of cleaning your house manually, but not all of them can completely replace this task.
Sometimes you might still have to manually clean certain areas which are very dirty, but the benefit of a robot cleaner is that it will do most of the work for you!
To get the most of your robot vacuum, you can check these amazing tips.
2- How does the Auto mode function?
The Auto mode is a standard cleaning operation incorporated into most robot cleaners. You just press a button and the device gets to work, cleaning your entire house or just a specified perimeter.
The beauty of this operating mode is that the robot will tackle obstacles on its own, avoiding stairs, climbing over carpets as well as cleaning under the couch or in other hardly accessible places.
3- How much does the battery last?
This depends on the robot device you buy and the features it incorporates. For example, robots that also offer a vacuuming feature will consume more power, so their runtime might be limited up to 75 minutes.
Other robots which have larger batteries or they just mop and sweep your floors can go up to 140 minutes.
Best of all, most robots dock and recharge themselves automatically, so you don’t have to do it manually.
4- Is a robot mop loud?
The noise level varies from device to device, but most of them have a maximum loudness of less than 55 dB.
You will definitely hear them doing their job around the house, but most customers say that they are not bothered by the noise level.
5- Is it safe to use?
Today’s robot cleaners are equipped with multiple sensors which scan the area before moving forward.
In the case they encounter your cat, dog or baby playing on the floors, they will immediately stop and change course.
This makes them safe to use in almost any environment and they are designed to avoid bumping into electronics in your house such as speaker systems or humidifiers, etc.
6- Can I use them with my phone?
Most advanced and sophisticated robot mops come with a special app from the manufacturer which is compatible with Android and iOS devices.
The app will give you the opportunity to control your robot using your smartphone and see the battery level, schedule cleaning tasks, change the cleaning mode, etc.
If the robot mop doesn’t come with an app, you can still control it from a distance using a remote.
Most robot mops come with a remote that allows you to change the cleaning mode or perform various other tasks.
7- How do I empty the trash bin?
If your robot comes with a vacuum feature, it will also have a dust collection bin which can be emptied at the press of a button.
You might also need to change the mopping pad and/or filter from time to time as they can get very dirty after numerous cleaning operations.
Most manufacturers include a few filters and cleaning pads in the package.
I don’t know anyone who loves to do cleaning jobs and probably you feel the same. That’s why a robot mop can be such a practical and useful household appliance in any property! It can make our lives easier by doing a job we don’t really like.
Best of all, who wouldn’t love to have a small, cute device moving around the house while we sit on the couch watching television?
The next step for you now is to determine which robot is more suitable for your needs.
Do you have pets in your house?
Do you have only hardwood floors or a combination of hardwood and carpets?
Do you want a 3-in-1 robot which also vacuums and sweeps or just a standard robot that mops your floors?
By coming up with an answer to these questions, you’ll be able to identify what type of robot cleaner you need in your house.
Also, do you prefer controlling things with your phone? If you do, you might want to go for a robot mop which comes with an app from the manufacturer.
This allows you to put your diligent robot to work while you’re outside with friends having a drink and when you come back home, you will be pleasantly surprised to find a clean and beautiful home!
Remember to also set a budget right from the start to avoid overspending and to be able to get a product which provides the best bang for your buck!