If you have high humidity levels at your home or basement on a regular basis then you might want to look for the best dehumidifiers.
The humidity level can increase in basements, bathrooms, and garages and it can facilitate the development of mold and mildew.
A very humid air is also unhealthy to breathe and can cause various respiratory problems, so it is best to get a high-quality dehumidifier which can work 24/7, eliminating excess moisture from the air and purifying it.
These products come in various sizes and price points, so regardless of the size of the room which needs to be dehumidified, the market gives you plenty of options. It is important to measure the room where the dehumidifier will be placed and get a number in sq. ft.
This will help you determine what type of dehumidifier you need to purchase and what budget to come up with.
If you need to reduce the moisture levels in a very large basement or industrial area, you can go for a commercial dehumidifier which is larger in size but has a greater capacity and can dehumidify an enormous room very quickly.
These products can be connected to a standard power outlet and they are very easy to use. To simplify the buying process, I will provide you with a few tips and tricks which will help you make a better decision.
The following short buying guide gives you a broader understanding about dehumidifiers and presents you more details about their features and capabilities.
Please keep reading to familiarize yourself with these appliances and learn how to pick the best one for your needs.
How to Choose a Dehumidifier?
Let me show in a few words what to look for when buying a dehumidifier. I have also provided a more thorough guide, you can check it here.
This is one of the first aspects you need to take into account when buying a dehumidifier. These units are designed to cover a certain area of space which is usually mentioned in square feet.
As a good rule of thumb, most residential dehumidifiers are designed for rooms up to 2,000 sq. ft. If your garage, basement or warehouse has several thousand square feet, you might need to look for an industrial dehumidifier.
A way of measuring how much moisture dehumidifiers can extract from the air is by looking at their pints number.
This usually ranges from 30 to 70 or more pints and it basically tells you how many pints of water are removed per 24 hours. The larger this number, the more powerful the dehumidifier is. This article will feature several options from three categories – 30, 50, and 70 pints.
Functions and controls
Most dehumidifiers come with several useful features and functions such as automatic shut-off timers, an automatic operation based on the incorporated humidistat, etc.
You can see important details such as humidity readouts and other info on a small LCD screen which is usually mounted on top or in front of the unit.
These devices come with a couple of buttons which access their main functions and might even include a remote, giving you the opportunity to control it from a distance.
Some models which are more sophisticated have fans with several speed settings such as low, medium, and high.
You can select from these speeds by pressing a button on the control panel or turning a dial. If you want to keep the noise level to a minimum, set the fan on the lowest speed setting.
Air purifying features
Some dehumidifiers are more sophisticated and incorporate air filters which eliminate most of the bacteria and microbes from the air.
These filters can be cleaned using a vacuum cleaner after several months of use or you can simply buy brand new ones as they are not very expensive.
Some of them have filters which focus specifically on eliminating allergens such as pollen and dust, so go for those if there are people with allergies in your house.
The moisture which is extracted by the dehumidifier has to go somewhere. Most of these devices come with a built-in water bucket which basically collects the moisture and allows the unit to run continuously until the bucket is full.
The capacity of the water tank depends on various factors such as the size of the dehumidifier, its type, and others.
In most cases, it will have a capacity of one or more gallons and you’ll eventually have to empty the tank daily or once every few days. Sophisticated ones alert you when it is time to empty the bucket.
If you don’t want to do this, you can also go for a model which comes with a drain kit. These units basically release the moisture outside the house and they can run 24/7, drawing moisture from the air and eliminating it outside.
In this situation, you might want to place the dehumidifier close to a window or door, so it can release the moisture outside.
The warranty information is precious and you should become interested in it when buying dehumidifiers.
For example, most of them come with a warranty period of at least one year. This will cover for manufacturing defects and you have more peace of mind knowing that your investment is protected.
These are the basic aspects you need to keep in mind when buying a dehumidifier. If you are ready to make a purchase, I’m going to present you a couple of attractive models at different price points and power options.
Keep reading through my reviews to discover how sophisticated a dehumidifier can be!
70 Pint Dehumidifiers
The 70-pint models are very powerful and are designed for small and large residential and commercial properties. Let’s take a look at a great dehumidifier from Frigidaire.
My Rating: 4.9/5
This model is also available as a 30-pint and 50-pint dehumidifier and it can be connected to a standard 115V power outlet. Here are the benefits of this product.
1. 70-pint dehumidifying capacity – this device is capable of extracting up to 9 gallons of moisture every 24 hours which makes it very powerful and suitable for small and large properties. It is UL listed (compliant with safety standards) and Energy Star Certified which means that it will be more economical than other models currently available on the market.
2. Eliminates bacteria from the air – another excellent advantage of this product is the simple fact that it comes with an air filter which purifies the indoor air and makes it easier to breathe. This filter kills most of the germs and bacteria, avoiding respiratory problems.
3. 24 hour timer – you have the possibility to program this appliance to function at specific times such as early in the morning or while you are at work. The programmable timer is easy to use and can be accessed via the control panel mounted on top.
4. Portable device – you will be able to easily move this appliance from one place to the other thanks to its side and top handles. This unit also comes with caster wheels, so you don’t have to lift the device up if you don’t want to. Its portability features make it easy to transport your dehumidifier wherever you go.
5. 3 fan speeds – you can toggle between three fan speeds to circulate air throughout the house and eliminate moisture. This model also features a small LED light which blinks when the bucket is full, alerting you that it is time to empty it outside.
This video goes a little deeper:
As a downside, there are minor reliability problems reported by certain customers after more than one year of usage, but remember that you can take advantage of the warranty policy which accompanies this product. Call Frigidaire if something is wrong with your device and they will help you.
LG PuriCare UD701KOG1
My Rating: 4.8/5
LG doesn’t need any introduction as it is a leading manufacturer of electronics and gadgets.
You might have an LG smartphone, an LG refrigerator or an LG dehumidifier.
Its range of products is extensive and the PuriCare UD701KOG1 model will exceed your expectations. Here are its advantages.
1. 70-pint dehumidifying power – this device is capable of extracting a lot of moisture from the indoor air, allowing you to breathe healthier and avoid respiratory problems. It is designed for rooms up to 2,000 sq. ft., so you can put it in your living room, basement, large garage or in a commercial kitchen.
2.Purifies the air – as you probably already know, germs and bacteria are everywhere and they can damage your immune system in the long run. This model from LG comes with a filtration device which kills most of the bacteria and germs found on your property. Not only that you will breathe healthier air, but you can also avoid allergies and make the life of people with asthma a little bit better.
3. Defrost control – the specialists from LG have included a lot of useful features into this appliance such as defrost control, low temperature operation, automatic shut of features, timers, and auto restart option. An LED light will blink and alert you that it is time to empty the bucket or wash the filter which purifies the air and these features are very convenint.
4. Continuous Drain Option – you can take advantage of the built-in water bucket to accumulate moisture from the indoor air or switch to the continuous drain option which basically eliminates the moisture outside automatically. This allows you to run the dehumidifier 24/7 and you don’t have to empty the basket on a regular basis which is very comfortable for certain homeowners.
5. Portable – this unit also includes side handles and caster wheels which makes moving the device a piece of cake. It weighs approximately 47 pounds, but thanks to these wheels and handles, you can quickly move it from room to room when necessary.
Some customers reported that this device is quite loud, but remember that you can switch to a lower fan speed to make its operation whisper quiet.
It is built from high quality materials which act as a sound barrier, so you will not be bothered by the sound level too much.
My Rating: 4.9/5
Let’s take a look at the D70BPA model which has a small carbon footprint and looks great from every angle.
1. 70-pint dehumidifying power – feel free to place this dehumidifier in a large residential or commercial room such as a garage, basement, home gym, dance studio or a conference room. It is designed for spaces up to 2,000 sq. ft. and it can quickly absorb up to 70 pints of moisture per day.
2. Energy Star certified – this model is also very economical and it doesn’t consume a lot of power, so if you are concerned about running costs, this is the dehumidifier to buy.
3. Washable filter – not only that it takes moisture out from the indoor air, but this device also eliminates germs and bacteria. You will eventually have to wash or replace the filter once every couple of months, but this simple addition saves you money because you don’t have to buy an air filter as a separate appliance.
4. Portable – this device comes with caster wheels and side handles which makes transportation very easy. I also like the fact that it comes with a 6-foot power cord which his more than enough for most homeowners and commercial building owners.
5. Continuous Drain function – in the package, you will find a small water tank which accumulates moisture while this device is running. However, you can also attach the drainage outlet which basically eliminates condensation directly outside, so you will never have to empty buckets of water. The continuous drainage kit is easy to install and can save you a lot of time in the long run.
On top of that, you can also play with the 24h timer function which basically schedules operating times for your dehumidifier, according to your preferences and needs.
As a disadvantage, some customers complain that this model is not the most aesthetically pleasing dehumidifier in the world, but it does a great job at improving air quality and that’s what matters the most, right?
My Rating: 4.9/5
hOmeLabs is a company which makes a plethora of useful appliances such as air purifiers, toaster ovens, and many other products.
The HME020031N dehumidifier from this brand is a compact and eye-catching unit which fits perfectly in any interior setting.
Here are its strong points:
1. 70-pint dehumidifying power – this unit is capable of removing up to 9 gallons of moisture per day and you also have the opportunity to buy it in different capacity options such as four gallons or six gallons. The 70-pint option is ideal for large basements, commercial kitchens, and restaurants, garages, warehouses as well as residential properties.
2. Continuous drain option – in the package you will find a spacious water tank which should be emptied on a regular basis as it fills with moisture. However, this unit also comes with a continuous drainage option which basically gives you the opportunity to eliminate moisture directly outside. All that you need is a sturdy hose and your unit can run 24/7 for years to come.
3. Energy Star certified – one of the main benefits provided by this device is the simple fact that it is designed to be as economical as possible. It will keep your energy bill low while eliminating moisture from the air. This dehumidifier is also UL listed which makes it compliant with American and Canadian safety standards.
4. Multiple functions – you can press a few buttons on the control panel mounted on top and adjust the fan speed and the 24h shut off timer. This appliance is very easy to use and it comes with a defrost option which prevents damage in the long run.
5. Portable – you can easily move your dehumidifier from room to room thanks to the built-in caster wheels and side handles. This appliance also has an elegant and sleek design, so you can place it virtually anywhere in your house.
As a drawback, this model doesn’t come with a hose in the package, so if you want to use the continuous draining function, you’ll have to buy one separately.
However, this accessory is not expensive (costs a few bucks) and it can be bought from almost any hardware store.
My Rating: 4.8/5
I want to include yet another Frigidaire product in this list because I’ve stumbled upon a very interesting unit.
The FAD704DWD model is available at an affordable price and it will quickly dehumidify large spaces up to 2,000 sq. ft.
Let’s explore its benefits:
1. 70-pint capacity – this unit can draw up to 70 pints of moisture from the air for every 24 hours, but you can also opt for a 30-pint or 50-pint model if your residential or commercial property is a bit smaller. This much dehumidifying power will prevent respiratory problems as well as mold and mildew developing on your property.
2. Eliminates bacteria – the manufacturers have incorporated an air filtration device which kills most of the germs and bacteria which can be found in the air. You will breathe fresher air and avoid developing allergy symptoms such as coughing and sneezing.
3. 16.3 pint water tank – the water tank is sufficiently spacious at 16.3 pints and it comes with a top handle and a splash guard, so emptying it will not be a difficult process. However, you can also take advantage of the continuous draining feature which basically eliminates moisture directly outdoors, so you don’t have to empty the water bucket regularly.
4. Digital humidity readout – the control panel features a small LCD screen where you can see the humidity level and other useful information. This panel also allows you to control the fan speed, timer function, and other practical features.
5. Portable – take this dehumidifier with you everywhere you go as it features caster wheels and side handles. These are made from high-quality materials and they will allow you to quickly transport the unit where it is needed the most.
There were isolated cases when this dehumidifier leaked water, but such occurrences are very rare. Make sure that you take advantage of the included warranty policy and call the manufacturer as soon as possible if problems appear.
However, most of these issues can be prevented if buyers read the instructions manual carefully and install the unit properly.
50 Pint Dehumidifiers
My Rating: 4.9/5
I will continue the list of Frigidaire dehumidifiers with the FAD504DWD model which is identical to the previous model but has a smaller moisture absorption capacity.
This unit is compact in size and it comes with cord storage which is very convenient. Check out its other strong points:
1. Filters indoor air – just like the 70-pint model, this unit also filters the indoor air and eliminates bacteria, germs, impurities, and allergens. You will have to replace the filter once every couple of months and enjoy breathing fresher and healthier air.
2. Intuitive controls – this unit comes with just a couple touch-sensitive buttons which allow you to control the fan speed, timer, and other functions. It is also equipped with LED lights which alert you to empty the bucket or clean the filter which purifies the air.
3. 50-pint capacity – you can use this appliance to eliminate moisture from spaces up to 1,500 sq. ft. It is suitable for residential and commercial properties and it is relatively compact in size, so it will not occupy a lot of space in your area. Its elegant and minimalistic design also makes it fit any interior space with ease.
4. Continuous operation function – similar to the 70-pint model, this appliance is also capable of eliminating moisture directly outside, so all that you have to do is to connect it to a garden hose and let it run 24/7, eliminating up to 50 pints of moisture per day. If you don’t want to use the continuous drain function, you can also rely on the spacious water bucket to accumulate moisture from the air.
5. Portable and easy to move – this unit weighs just 37 pounds, so you can quickly transport it from one room to the other. Thanks to its caster wheels, you can also easily load and unload it from a pickup truck without breaking a sweat.
As a minor disadvantage, some customers would have preferred to have this appliance available in several color options such as black or silver, but white is a timeless classic and it will make your room look cleaner and more luminous, so it is not exactly a bad thing.
My Rating: 4.7/5
Keystone is a prestigious manufacturer of electronics and outdoor accessories such as air conditioners, and halogen transformers.
They sell thousands of products worldwide and the KSTAD50B model is one of the most efficient and eye-catching dehumidifier currently available on the market. Here are its main features:
1. 50-pint capacity – this appliance is suitable for rooms up to 3,000 sq. ft. in size and it can remove up to 50 pints of water per day. You can place it in your living room, home office, and commercial space or anywhere you want to improve the indoor air quality.
2. Continuous drain option – you can use the incorporated bucket to collect moisture or get a garden hose and attach it to the back of the unit, allowing it to remove water directly outside. The continuous drain option is ideal for people who need to regularly remove moisture from the indoor air without having to manually empty the water tank.
3. Energy Star certified – if you’re interested in reducing your energy bill, go for this unit from Keystone as it is Energy Star compliant and designed to consume less electricity in comparison with other dehumidifiers currently available on the market.
4. Purifies the air – this device comes with a built-in air filter which eliminates germs, bacteria, and allergens such as pollen and dust. You will be notified when it is time to clean or replace the filter and the good thing is that you don’t have to buy another appliance simply for improving indoor air quality.
5. 55db noise level – even when operating at full speed, this device manages to remain relatively quiet. Its maximum sound level is 55 db which is quieter than regular restaurant conversation, so you will not be disturbed by it.
If you’re wondering about portability, this unit also comes with caster wheels which makes the transportation process a lot easier.
Some customers reported that it can be a bit difficult to get this appliance up and running, but if you read the instructions manual properly, you should have no problems in this regard.
My Rating: 4.8/5
Ivation is a renowned brand which also makes fireplaces, emergency lights, and other useful appliances for household and commercial properties.
It is worth taking into account the products made by this brand because they are known for their reliability and affordable prices. Let’s take a look at the IVALDH50PW dehumidifier and see why it made my list.
1. 50-pint capacity – this unit can eliminate up to 50 pints of moisture per day which makes it ideal for medium-sized rooms. You can also go for the 30-pint or the 70-pint version if your moisture removal needs are smaller or larger.
2. Purifies the indoor air – your Ivation dehumidifier also kills bacteria and removes allergens while eliminating moisture from the indoor air. It comes with a special filter which traps pollen, dust, and other impurities, making the breathable air healthier and fresher.
3. Intuitive controls – the control panel is mounted on top of the unit and allows you to quickly adjust the fan speed, dehumidifying level, activate the turbo mode or set the programmable timer. It includes a small LCD screen which displays the humidity level and other useful information.
4. Energy Star certified – this device has been built to protect the environment while improving indoor air quality. It is Energy Star certified and designed to consume less electricity on a regular basis, so operating this dehumidifier in your property won’t inflate your energy bill too much.
5. 1.3 gallon tank – the accumulated moisture is stored inside the 1.3 gallon tank which can be easily detached and emptied when necessary. The control panel shows a small LED light when the basket is full, so you know exactly when to empty it.
On top of that, this unit also comes with caster wheels and side handles, so moving it from place to place is a child’s play.
As a drawback, some customers reported that they are not extremely pleased with the design and visual aspect of this dehumidifier, but it doesn’t participate in a beauty contest, right?
Your Ivation unit will do a great job at purifying the air and eliminating moisture and that’s exactly what is supposed to do.
My Rating: 4.8/5
Haier is a professional manufacturer of home and kitchen appliances and even smartphones.
This brand has decades of experience in making household electronics and its products are both reliable and eye-catching.
The DM32M dehumidifier is a compact machine suitable for small rooms.
Here are its strong points:
1. 32 pint capacity – this model can extract up to 32 pints of moisture from the indoor air and it features 10 humidity levels you can choose from. You can place this dehumidifier in your living room, home office, garage, basement, and other places where high humidity is a regular problem.
2. 3 fan speeds – the top-mounted control panel allows you to select the desired fan speed as well as access this unit’s main functions such as a programmable timer, power on/off, etc. Most customers agree that this unit is fairly quiet in operation even when running at a high-speed setting, so the noise level will not bother you.
3. Bucket-full indicator – you will know exactly when it is time to empty the moisture bucket as it has an indicator mounted on top of the unit. However, this appliance also comes with a continuous drainage option which basically lets you eliminate moisture directly outside. It is recommended to use this option if you want to use the bucket as often as possible.
4. Portable – apart from the durable caster wheels, this appliance also has recessed side handles which allow you to easily move the unit from room to room.
5. Attractive design – not only that it is compact and relatively lightweight, but this unit also features a minimalistic and elegant design. It can be placed anywhere in your residential and commercial property and it will flawlessly complement the interior design.
Some customers also use this appliance in an RV because it can quickly drain moisture from the air and it doesn’t consume a large amount of energy.
Although some customers experienced minor reliability problems with this device after a couple of months, keep in mind that you can take advantage of the included warranty period and the manufacturer is known for providing excellent customer service, so contact them as soon as possible.
I want to include yet another excellent model from Frigidaire for homeowners who need a small and efficient device for reducing the humidity level in their house.
The FFAD3033R1 model is attractive and compact in size and it fits well in your kitchen, basement, garage, and living room.
Here are its main characteristics:
1. 30-pint capacity – this unit can draw up to 30 pints of moisture every 24 hours which make it ideal for small rooms. You also have the option of going for the 50-pint and 70-pint models which are more powerful and suitable for large residential and commercial properties. Its relative humidity range stretches from 35 percent up to 85 percent.
2. Continuous drain option – your Frigidaire unit comes with a water bucket, but it can also drain directly outside, so you don’t have to empty the water tank on a regular basis. You’ll have to attach a garden hose to the back of this unit and it can run 24/7, eliminating moisture at a rapid pace. If you go with the bucket option, the control panel will flash an LED light, letting you know when to empty the bucket.
3. Purifies the air – not only that it removes moisture from the air, but it also eliminates bacteria and germs as well as pollen and dust. This appliance comes with an air filter which can be cleaned or replaced after a few months and it does a good job of purifying the indoor air.
4. Portable – this device weighs around 31 pounds and it also comes with side handles and caster wheels which allow you to easily move it from place to place. Its beautiful form factor also makes it ideal for virtually any interior setting, whether you put it in your living room, office, kitchen or basement.
5. 6-feet power cord – many homeowners complain that dehumidifiers come with a short power cord, but this one features a 6-feet cable which can be plugged into a standard 115V power outlet.
As a downside, some units arrived with minor manufacturing defects, but the company managed to replace these products quickly, so remember to contact them as soon as possible if problems appear.
My Rating: 4.7/5
if you are interested in another excellent 30-pint humidifier, I highly recommend the 4-gallon model from HOmeLabs.
This appliance has a compact form factor and a beautiful design. You can place it anywhere in your house, but many people also use it for small commercial or industrial spaces.
Check out its benefits:
1. 30-pint capacity – you have the option of choosing the same model with a 50-pint or 70-pint capacity, but if you go for the 4 gallons one, you will be able to use it in spaces up to 1,000 sq. ft. It can quickly draw moisture from the air and it features several humidity levels and fan speeds.
2. Eliminates allergens – it comes with a sophisticated air filtration system which basically reduces the number of allergens and microbes from the air, allowing you to breathe easier and avoid respiratory problems. This unit can also make the life of people with asthma easier thanks to its purifying features.
3. Continuous drain option – the water tank itself has a capacity of 0.8 gallons, but if you don’t want to make trips outside to empty the bucket, you can also take advantage of the continuous drainage option. This basically lets you hook a garden hose at the back of the unit and eliminate moisture directly outside while using the device 24/7.
4. Defrost and turbo mode – these are just a few of the features included in this appliance. The defrost function prevents the unit from freezing and protects its internal components. The turbo mode quickly dehumidifies the air in a short time frame and it is ideal for spaces with high humidity levels. You can also play with the programmable timer function which allows you to use this device at certain times throughout the day.
5. Portable – your hOmeLabs unit is easy to move from place to place thanks to its caster wheels and recessed side handles. It can also be loaded quickly into the trunk of your car because it weighs just 30 pounds.
As a downside, some customers said that the unit might leak if you use the continuous drain option, but this might be possible because they didn’t install it correctly.
Please refer to the instructions manual and follow it step by step to prevent leakage issues.
My Rating: 4.7/5
The last 30-pint model comes from Whynter which is also a brand specialized in making wine coolers and refrigerators
Their products are well received by the general public and look great in any residential or commercial property.
Here are its strong points:
1. 30-pint capacity – this unit is designed for small spaces up to 1,000 sq. ft. but you can also go for the 50-pint or 70-pint model from the same manufacturer if your dehumidifying needs are greater. You can select from two fan speeds by pressing a button mounted on top of the unit.
2. Continuous drain option – your Whynter dehumidifier comes with a bucket which fills with moisture and needs to be emptied on a regular basis. However, you can also install a garden hose to the back of this unit and allow it to eliminate moisture outside. This will give you the opportunity to let the dehumidifier run permanently.
3. Multiple functions – you can use the auto-start, auto-shut off, timer, and other functions to make this device run according to your preferences and needs. It also incorporates an automatic defrost feature which prevents freezing and keeps your appliance in tip-top condition.
4. Low noise level – this unit has two fan speeds and it doesn’t go above 53 db when operating at high speeds, so it will be relatively quiet. Most people place it in their living room or basement and they are not bothered by the sound level.
5. Portable – like any other dehumidifier, this model from Whynter also comes with caste wheels and side handles which makes transportation very easy. You might be happy to find out that your device is also compliant with the American safety standards (UL listed) and it is Energy Star certified which means that it will consume less energy than other dehumidifiers.
As a downside, I would have loved to see this appliance in different color options, but white is good enough for most people and it complements any interior design, creating an elegant and minimalistic atmosphere in your property.
Dehumidifiers for Large Basements and Industrial Areas
Dri-Eaz F413 Revolution
My Rating: 4.8/5
This company specializes in industrial dehumidifiers, air conditioners, air purifiers, and other large electronics.
Its products are used in commercial and residential areas and they feature a beautiful blue color scheme.
Let’s discover the features of the F413 model from Dri-Eaz.
1. Up to 7,000 sq. ft. coverage – this unit has a lot of power and it is capable of dehumidifying large areas up to 7,000 sq. ft. such as big garages, gyms, dance studios, warehouse and industrial sites. It is capable of removing up to 80 pints of moisture per day which is really impressive considering that this unit weighs around 60 pounds and it can easily fit the back of your truck.
2. Built-in pump – it comes with an automatic pump which allows you to eliminate the moisture directly outside the property or in a sink or toilet. As a result, you don’t have to manually empty water buckets and you can run your device continuously.
3. Built-in humidistat – this model has a compact control panel with just a couple of buttons and it displays the humidity level on a small LCD screen. It features a built-in humidistat and an auto-restart function which continues the dehumidifying process after a power outage.
4. Excellent for water damage restoration – this unit is made from tough rotomolded Polyethylene and it can take a lot of wear and tear. It can be used in commercial and industrial spaces and also for water damage restoration as it can quickly dry up the area.
5. Lifetime warranty – your dehumidifier is so resilient that it is actually backed up by a lifetime limited warranty period from the manufacturer for the polyethylene housing. The compressor has a warranty period of six years and the other parts have a 1-year warranty period.
If you want to dry up large spaces, this unit is probably one of the best on the market today and it comes with multiple features that will make your job easier.
Although it is a bit expensive, it can last for years and considerably increase your productivity, so the price is justified in my opinion.
AlorAir Sentinel HDi90
My Rating: 4.9/5
AlorAir is another professional manufacturer which specializes in large-scale dehumidifiers and water damage restoration appliances.
Their products are extremely efficient and designed to dry large spaces quickly, without consuming a lot of energy in the process.
Here are more details about this product.
1. 55-pint capacity – the model I am talking about can eliminate up to 55 pints of moisture per day and it can cover an area of up to 1,300 sq. ft.
However, if your space is much larger than that, you can go for the 90 pint model which is ideal for large basements, garages, warehouses, and commercial spaces.
You also have the option of buying the 90-pint dehumidifier with or without a pump for eliminating moisture.
2. Remote included – in the package, you will also find a remote which allows you to control this device from a distance. You can access its main functions such as a programmable timer, defrosting options, control the humidistat, and other features.
3. Portable – although it is a relatively heavy device at 60 pounds, you can take advantage of the top mounted handles to transport it from place to place with great ease. It also has stackable features and it can fit small spaces such as bathrooms.
4. Energy Star certified – you might be happy to find out that your device is not only practical but economical as well. This appliance is Energy Star certified which basically means that it will consume less energy in comparison with other dehumidifiers currently available on the market.
5. Continuous drain option – it is very easy to connect a hose to this appliance and allow it to eliminate moisture outside. The included installation manual offers you plenty of details and instructions on how to get this device up and running and it also comes with multiple accessories in the package.
This dehumidifier is ideal for large spaces as well as crawlspaces and it can be used for years to come.
However, in rare cases, this appliance arrived defective, but it was quickly replaced by the manufacturer, so contact them immediately if your unit proves troublesome.
Choose the Best!
These are just a few exquisite models from top companies and they are suitable for residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
All that you have to do now is to do some measurements, come up with a budget, and buy the dehumidifier which fits your needs the best.