A jigsaw might appear like a classic and pretty basic tool, but it can be used for a wide range of operations and it can cut through different metals including wood, metal and even ceramics. That’s the reason you should be looking for the best corded or cordless jigsaws.
This piece of equipment is routinely used by handymen or woodworkers to shape materials or complete various types of construction projects. Best of all, a jigsaw is not that expensive these days and it is increasingly easier and safer to use one, even if you don’t have a lot of experience with power tools.
Unlike band saws for example, jigsaws are mainly composed of a blade and a flat surface which helps to keep it stable while you cut through wood or other materials. This piece of equipment can cost anything from $100 up to $500 if you want to go for a really sophisticated and efficient model.
To determine what jigsaw is more suitable for your needs, I created a small buying guide below.
Keep reading to learn more about jigsaws, what to look for when buying one and how to identify one suitable for your type of project.
How to Choose a Top Jigsaw
Corded or cordless: Jigsaws are used by professional handymen to create straight or curved cuts, plunge cuts, cross cuts and multiple other similar operations. One of the main aspects you need to keep in mind when buying a jigsaw is whether you should go for a corded or cordless model.
Corded ones are usually more powerful and they can be used 24/7, as long as you connect them to a power outlet. Cordless ones are portable and come with a lithium-ion battery, just like your smartphone. Most of them can be operated for several hours straight before the battery needs to be recharged, so they are ideal for small to medium-sized projects.
Motor: Obviously, the “heart” of the jigsaw consists of its motor which can have different power outputs. The motor of a corded jigsaw has a reading in amps (between 4 and 8 amps) while the motor of a cordless jigsaw has a reading in volts (between 16 and 20 volts).
The higher the power output, the more strokes per minute the blade can perform. In most cases, a jigsaw can do up to 3,000 strokes per minute which is more than enough for most types of projects, regardless of their complexity. Here’s a small guide that helps.
Orbital Setting: The orbital setting is a type of action the blade performs when it is cutting through wood or metal. Some jigsaws which are more sophisticated feature a couple of orbital-action settings while budget ones don’t support such features.
This component helps when performing straight or curved cuts. In other words, if you want to make straight cuts faster, set the jigsaw on a high orbital-action setting. If you want to make curved cuts more accurately, set the jigsaw on a low orbital-action setting.
Blade Change Option: You might use a different type of blade for each project or even for each cut, so obviously, you will want to be able to change it with little to no effort. Most jigsaws come with a special feature which allows you to eject the blade by pressing a single button, without requiring tools.
This drastically reduces the time you spend making cuts and you will be much more efficient overall. On the other hand, there are also a few cheaper jigsaws which require tools to change blades and these products might be more suitable for casual jigsaw users.
Features: There are a few important features I want to touch on here. For example, some models come with a dust blower and/or dust collector. You probably already know that a lot of dust can be created when cutting through different materials, particularly wood, and this dust can prevent the blade from cutting correctly, not to mention that it obstructs your visibility.
High end jigsaws come with a dust blower which pushes resulting dust away, making it easier for you to make accurate cuts. Some models also have a dust collector which basically sucks up the resulting dust, so it doesn’t get in your eyes or create too big of a mess in your room.
Another important feature consists of an LED light which can be extremely useful, even if you make cuts in a well-lit environment. You need to see everything you do, especially when working with expensive materials, and an LED light can literally save the day as it illuminates the working area.
Accessories: If you go for a cordless model, one of the most important accessories in the package is represented by the lithium-ion battery and the battery charger. You might also find multiple blades suitable for various types of cuts, the instructions manual, carrying case, bevel wrench, and more.
If you want to read a more detailed guide, then check out my other article on how to choose the best jigsaw.
Here’s a video that explains things:
Now you are more familiar with jigsaws and you are able to make a better decision when buying one. To avoid wasting time online looking for the right jigsaw, I compiled a short list of some of the best jigsaws out there. Check it out below.
Best Corded Jigsaws 2018
Bosch 120-Volt JS470E
My rating: 4.9/5
Bosch makes a wide variety of appliances and electronics, so I’m pretty sure you’ve heard about this brand before. It also sells power tools including high-performance jigsaws.
The JS470E model comes with a powerful motor and can be used by both beginner and experienced handymen.
Here are its main benefits:
- Tool-less blade change – With this jigsaw, you don’t need additional tools to change the blade. You just press a button and it will be ejected quickly from its mounting, allowing you to replace it with another blade in a matter of seconds.
- 4 Orbital action settings – Thanks to these settings, you will be able to make straight and curved cuts quickly and with utmost precision. Choose the preferred setting according to your needs and see how easy it will be to cut through wood, metal or plastic with this jigsaw.
- Variable speed dial – You can also select your favorite speed using a dial mounted on the casing of your jigsaw. This helps you utilize just enough power for cutting through different types of materials more precisely. The motor has 7 amps, so it is definitely capable of performing quick and efficient cuts.
- Low vibration design – Vibrations are inevitable while cutting materials, but this tool minimizes them and gives you a more comfortable and smooth user experience. As a result, you will be able to make more precise cuts even if you don’t have a lot of experience using a jigsaw.
- Multiple accessories included – This package comes complete with different types of accessories such as bevel wrench, carrying case, a multi-use blade, no-mar overshoe and others. You will be able to use this jigsaw for different types of projects, regardless of their size or complexity.
When it comes to drawbacks, there are minor reliability complaints coming from a couple of customers. First of all, make sure you follow the instructions provided in the manual to utilize this tool correctly.
If you still have troubles using it, take advantage of the 1-year warranty policy which is offered by the manufacturer to fix your jigsaw.
Festool 561443 PS 300
My rating: 4.8/5
Festool is another prestigious brand which specializes in power tools. It makes different types of products such as dust extractors, jigsaws, sanders and many others.
The 561443 PS 300 model is a powerful corded jigsaw which can have a maximum stroke speed of up to 9,000 which is really impressive.
Here are more details about this product:
- Tool-less blade change – This is another powerful tool which can change blades in a matter of seconds by just pressing a single button. As a result, you save a lot of time over the course of a year while working with this powerful tool and you don’t have to carry additional tools with you while traveling.
- 6 amp motor – The motor of this jigsaw delivers between 1,000 and 9,000 strokes per minute and it is powerful enough to cut through wood, aluminum, and even steel. It has 4 stroke adjustments to help you tailor its power towards your particular needs.
- 3 years warranty – The manufacturer is very confident in its products and it offers a warranty period of 3 years for this model which is very nice to have, just in case. Festool also has friendly customer service, so don’t hesitate to contact them if you experience problems with your device.
- Comes with dust extraction channels – Your Festool jigsaw is cleverly engineered to eliminate dust which accumulates as a result of cutting through different types of materials. You will basically enjoy a cleaner work path, free of dust and other impurities, which will drastically enhance your accuracy and cutting speed.
- Multiple accessories included – When you receive this package, you will also find a sturdy carrying case inside, a splinter guard, a chip deflector, and other useful accessories. Use them to make your cuts more efficient and precise as well as transporting your power tool to other locations in a safe manner.
A few customers complained that this product doesn’t also incorporate an LED light to illuminate your path while you cut through materials.
This is a valid point, however, the price of this tool remains acceptable for most people and an LED light would have increased it slightly. At the end of the day, this is a minor drawback in my opinion as the tool can still be used with no problems.
My rating: 5/5
Dewalt is one of the most popular and appreciated manufacturers of power tools in the world and I couldn’t have a jigsaw review without including one of their products.
The DW331K model is a powerful jigsaw which comes with a dust blower and boasts an incredibly affordable price.
Here are more details about this product:
- Tool-less blade change – This product comes with a small clamp which basically releases the blade quickly and easily when it is pressed, allowing you to replace it with another one in a matter of seconds.
- 6.5 amp motor – The powerful motor can easily cut through wood, metal, plastics or ceramics as it can perform up to 3,100 strokes per minute. It comes with a variable speed dial, so you will actually be able to choose the exact amount of power you need for performing different types of cuts.
- 4 Orbital-action settings – This model is equipped with a few orbital settings which basically allow you to choose how accurately or how quickly you want to make your cuts. If you make plenty of straight cuts, choose a higher orbital setting to increase cutting speed. If you make a lot of curved cuts, choose a smaller orbital setting to make more accurate cuts.
- Large rubber grip – The rubber grip is ideal for keeping your hand stable while you make long cuts and it is also designed to provide protection against vibrations. The jigsaw is made from high-quality materials too, so it can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
- 3 years warranty – This product comes with a warranty period of 3 years provided by the manufacturer. This will cover for manufacturing defects and other types of problems you might encounter with your tool.
As for downsides, one customer complained that the motor can burn if you use it on a 220V power outlet. This jigsaw is specifically designed to be used for 120V power outlets, so keep that in mind before buying.
The manufacturer might not honor the warranty policy if users don’t respect the usage instructions, so make sure you utilize your jigsaw correctly.
My rating: 4.9/5
I want to redirect your attention towards another excellent product from Bosch. The JS572EK model is a powerful corded jigsaw which can be used for multiple applications, including complicated projects and tasks.
It is ideal for cutting wood, aluminum, steel or plastic and it comes at a reasonable price.
Here are its main characteristics:
- Available in 2 grip options – You can have this jigsaw with a barrel grip or a top handle, depending on your preferences. The price difference is relatively small, choosing the right jigsaw depends on how you use it, what types of materials you cut, etc.
- 7.2 amp motor – This jigsaw has one of the most powerful motors currently incorporated in a power tool. It is capable of many thousands of strokes per minute and it comes with a dial you can operate to choose the exact desired speed for cutting through materials.
- One touch blade change system – Feel free to change the blades as quickly as possible since this model incorporates a once touch change system. Press a button, the blade is released and you can easily attach a different one, without requiring tools or other accessories.
- LED light – It is great to have a well-lit surface when working. That’s why this jigsaw from Bosch comes with a built-in LED light which illuminates the area in front of the blade, allowing you to make more precise cuts.
- 1-year warranty – Bosch offers a warranty period of 1 year for this product as well as a 30-day money back guarantee and a 1-year protection plan. Your investment is safe with this brand, so don’t hesitate to order this jigsaw whether you’re a professional handyman or a casual user.
There are isolated complaints regarding the size of the grip handle for this power tool. Some say that the handle is too big, but this shouldn’t be a major issue since you can use both of your hands if necessary.
Bosch also makes smaller jigsaws if you think this is a massive inconvenience, so make sure you check out their other products.
My rating: 4.9/5
If you’re looking for another excellent brand which makes power tools, check out Makita. This company has years of experience making some of the most efficient and reliable sanders, jigsaws, wrenches, and other power tools.
The 4350FCT model comes with a top handle and it is designed to reduce noise and vibration levels.
Here are more details about this product:
- Variable speed control – You will be able to select the desired speed for this model by operating a small dial built into the design of the jigsaw. Your product has a speed of 800-2,800 strokes per minute and it can easily tackle both small and complex projects.
- Tool-less blade change – Feel free to change the blade whenever you want as this product has a tool-less system which allows you to simply press a button and the blade will be ejected. You can save a great deal of time with this jigsaw from Makita.
- Built-in LED light – The LED light will illuminate the work area, so you can make more precise cuts. This LED can be used for years and it casts a bright light. You can, therefore, use your Makita jigsaw even in poorly lit garages or work sites.
- 3 Orbital settings – Selecting the right orbital setting will help you make more accurate or fast cuts. This model comes with 3 different orbital settings you can choose from. Read the instructions manual to find out how to use them correctly and for what types of cuts.
- 1-year warranty – Makita offers a warranty period of 1 year for this device and a 30-day money back guarantee. If you don’t like the product or it is defective, you can return it within 30 days and get a replacement or your money back.
There are isolated complaints regarding the precision of this tool, but this is highly dependable on the experience of the user, the orbital action setting chosen and other factors.
It is best to try this jigsaw by yourself and see with your own eyes how it behaves.
My rating: 4.9/5
The last corded jigsaw from my list comes from Milwaukee which is yet another prestigious manufaturer of power tools.
This company makes everything from lithium-ion batteries, power sources, blades for various tools, jigsaws, and many other similar products.
Let’s explore the 6268-21 jigsaw which comes with multiple interesting features:
- 6.5 amp motor – This unit comes with a powerful 6.5 amps motor which is capable of delivering up to 3,000 strokes per minute which is usually more than enough for most projects. You also have complete control over the output speed and you can adjust it using a small dial mounted into the jigsaw case.
- 4 orbital settings – If you make a lot of straight cuts, it is a good idea to use a high orbital setting to speed up the cutting process. If you make a lot of curved cuts, use a smaller orbital setting to make your cuts much more precise and accurate.
- Keyless shoe adjustment – You have the opportunity to select the desired shoe adjustment of up to 45 degrees in each direction, depending on your preferences and needs.
- Cushioned grip handle – Plenty of vibrations are to be expected when cutting through tough materials such as steel or even hardwood. To prevent this and to make your cutting experience smoother and more accurate, this jigsaw comes with a cushioned grip handle which gives you more stability and reduces the number of vibrations.
- LED light – This product also comes with a built-in LED light which illuminates your work surface and makes cutting easier and smoother. The LED light is mounted next to the blade and provides a white bright light.
When it comes to disadvantages, there were a few customers who reported that the component which keeps the blade in place broke after a couple of months.
However, the manufacturer quickly offered heavy-duty replacement parts, so make sure you contact them if you have problems with your jigsaw.
Best Cordless Jigsaws 2018
My rating: 4.8/5
Now that we finished with corded jigsaws, let’s focus on cordless ones and I want to present you a great model from Makita.
The XVJ02Z jigsaw is a versatile tool which can be used for different types of projects and it can cut through various materials such as wood, plastics, ceramics, aluminum and even steel.
Here are more details about it:
- Available in 2 buying options – You can either purchase this product as a bare tool, without batteries or together with 2 lithium-ion batteries which give you the opportunity to use this jigsaw immediately after you take it out of the box.
- 800-3,500 strokes per minute – Although this is a cordless product, it packs a powerful 18V motor which can deliver up to 3,500 strokes per minute which is really impressive. It also incorporates 6 speeds, so you can basically decide how much power you want at any given moment.
- 3 Orbital settings – You can also choose between 3 orbital settings for this product to make faster or more accurate cuts. The orbital-action settings can be chosen by pressing a button on the jigsaw’s handle.
- Dust blower – Not only that you can make quick and accurate cuts, but this jigsaw is also equipped with a dust blower which basically pushes out dust result from the cutting process, so it doesn’t obstruct your work and it doesn’t enter your eyes.
- Brushless motor – The motor of this product is specially designed to run as efficiently as possible, to maximize battery usage. Studies show that the motor can prolong the battery life by up to 50% which is really impressive and helpful.
No product is perfect and a couple of users reported that they found it difficult to operate this device.
The machine itself is not hard to use, but you might need to read the instructions manual to understand how it works.
My rating: 5/5
Dewalt doesn’t only make quality corded jigsaws but cordless one too. The DCS331M1 model incorporates a plethora of features and it is ideal for medium and large projects or to be used by professional handymen.
Here are the main selling points of this particular appliance:
- 20V motor – The motor is very powerful and it can deliver up to 3,000 strokes per minute. You can also select how much power you want by operating the speed dial mounted on top of the unit. As a result, you have exactly the required amount of power, saving battery life.
- Keyless shoe bevel – You can make inclined cuts using this jigsaw from Dewalt. It is currently capable of adjusting the bevel to 0, 15, 30 and 45 degrees. Choosing the right angle is a piece of cake and it can be done in a matter of seconds.
- Tool-less blade change – You can also change the used blade by just pressing a button, without requiring complicated tools. Changing blades might be required for professional handymen to make different types of cuts at different angles and with various amounts of precision, so you can save a lot of time as a result of using this feature.
- 4 position orbital action – Speaking of precision, this jigsaw incorporates orbital action settings which basically allow you to control how fast and how accurate you make your cuts. A higher setting makes straight cuts faster while a lower setting makes curved cuts more precisely.
- Adjustable dust blower – The dust blower is one of the most useful and practical features because it eliminates the dust from your workspace as you make cuts, so you don’t have to do it manually. This also prevents the dust from getting into your eyes.
Some customers complained that their jigsaw arrived with minor defects, but the manufacturer quickly replaced those faulty machines.
If it happens to you as well, keep in mind that Dewalt has an excellent customer service which can help you in this regard.
Milwaukee 2645-20 Bare-Tool
My rating: 4.8/5
I want to present you yet another great product from Milwaukee. The 2645-20 model from this brand comes with multiple advantages and it doesn’t include a battery, so this can be considered as a cost-saving feature for some people.
Here are more details about this product:
- Quick blade release – This jigsaw is equipped with a compact clamp which releases the blade almost instantly when pressed. As a result, you don’t have to spend a lot of time changing the blades and you can be more efficient in your projects.
- 5 Position orbital setting – If you are interested in speed and precision, this tool might be exactly what you are looking for. It comes with 5 orbital settings which are more than those provided by the other jigsaws on the market. You can make super-fast straight cuts as well as super-precise curved cuts by selecting the right orbital action setting.
- Adjustable bevel angle – The bevel of this jigsaw can be adjusted to an angle of 0, 15, 30 or 45 degrees, depending on your preferences and needs. This helps you in making different types of cuts on various materials including wood and even steel.
- Cushioned grip handle – Your product from Milwaukee is designed to be easy to use and stable as it comes with a rubberized handle. This minimizes the number of vibrations you feel while you cut the materials and gives you more precision while working.
- 5 years warranty – There are a few products which come with such a long warranty period. This basically means that the manufacturer is quite confident in this product, so if you ever encounter a problem, don’t hesitate to contact them as soon as possible.
As a disadvantage, some customers complained that the package arrived with just the bare tool, but this is specifically mentioned in the product description.
Since there is no battery, case or charger included, the price of this product is also much lower, so this is basically a false problem.
My rating: 4.9/5
Dewalt makes a lot of exquisite products and I want to redirect your attention towards another one such as the DC330K model. This product is a powerful cordless jigsaw which can be easily used, even by inexperienced people.
Let’s discover its main features together:
- Variable speed – You will be able to select between 0 and 3,000 strokes per minute for this jigsaw, depending on your preferences, material hardness, and other factors. Operating at a lower speed will also preserve battery life as well.
- Adjustable dust blower – The dust blower is essential for improving your precision and accuracy while cutting through various materials such as wood, steel, and aluminum. It will eliminate dust and other impurities at a rapid pace, so you have full visibility while making your cuts.
- 4 Orbital action settings – The orbital component is essential for speeding up the cutting process. You can select from 4 settings by adjusting a dial on the top mounted handle. This will enable you to make quicker or more precise cuts, resulting in better quality finished products, regardless of what type of material you are working with.
- Tool-less blade change – You don’t need additional tools to change the blade for this product as it has a smart system which releases it by pressing a single button. As a result, you save a lot of time and can work on more complex projects with little to no effort.
- Multiple accessories included – The package contains a lot of goodies, including the battery, the 1-hour charger, carrying case and of course, the instructions manual. Once you opened the package, make sure that you verify the accessories to find out if all of them have been shipped to you and they are in proper working condition.
There are a few complaints that some people found this jigsaw difficult to operate, but this usually depends on your skill level or expertise.
Make sure you read the usage manual carefully and adjust the jigsaw correctly before beginning cutting, to get the best results possible.
My rating: 5/5
But wait, there’s more! Dewalt has a multitude of jigsaws you can choose from and you might be interested in the DCS331B model which has a powerful 20V motor capable of delivering several thousand strokes per minute.
Here are the advantages of this product:
- Available in 2 buying options – You can have this product as a standalone item with one blade included in the package or with an additional set of blades which might be required if you want to engage in complex cutting projects. The battery and charger for this unit are sold separately, though.
- 3,000 strokes per minute – The 20V motor is sufficiently powerful to deliver up to 3,000 strokes per minute. Professionals say that you don’t need more than that, even if you execute complex cutting tasks, so this jigsaw might be enough for all your projects.
- 4 orbital settings – If you want to make straight cuts at a more rapid pace, choose a higher orbital setting. If you want to make more precise curved cuts, choose a lower orbital setting. This feature is ideal for both beginner and experienced handymen, so make sure you learn how to use it properly to streamline your work.
- Tool-less blade change – If you go for the kit which includes both the jigsaw and the blade set, you’ll be able to change them very quickly by just pressing a button. You don’t need additional tools to make the blade changes whatsoever.
- 3 years warranty – The manufacturer offers a warranty period of 3 years for this product which is excellent to have, just in case you get a product with manufacturing defects. Contact Dewalt right away if your product proves to be troublesome.
Interestingly enough, some customers complained that this unit can be difficult to control even at its lowest speed setting which is mentioned to be “too high”.
To help with the cutting process, clamp the material to a solid workbench and operate the jigsaw with both of your hands. This is a serious recommendation as your jigsaw can be dangerous if handled improperly, so take all the required safety measures.
My rating: 4.9/5
If you’re a professional handyman or you simply want to work with some of the best tools available on the market, take a look at the 561668 model from Festool.
This is a very powerful and eye-catching jigsaw which can be used for virtually any type of cutting project.
Let’s check out its main benefits:
- Variable speed – Despite being cordless, this product comes with a very powerful motor which can perform up to 3,800 strokes per minute. During my research, I found out that this is actually one of the most powerful jigsaws on the market at the moment of this writing.
- LED light – Even if you work in a well-lit environment, in many cases you definitely need an LED light to illuminate your workspace, especially if you want to make very precise and fine curved cuts. This won’t be a problem for you because your Festool jigsaw comes with a built-in LED light which delivers a bright white light while working.
- Brushless motor – Many customers are interested in a product having a brushless motor and today is your lucky day! The 561668 model incorporates such a motor which is much more efficient, more powerful and lighter, so operating the device will be a breeze.
- Automatic blade guidance – This product is cleverly engineered by the professionals at Festool and it can control the blade on its own, to deliver fantastic straight cuts all the times. The system basically works in conjunction with you to assist in making precise straight or curved cuts.
- 3 years warranty – The manufacturer can provide parts replacements or repairs at no cost to you for up to 3 years from the moment of your purchase. If you think your unit has arrived defective, call Festool right away to get your problem fixed.
As for disadvantages, there are virtually none since this tool is one of the most advanced and powerful out there.
Some customers complain about the slightly high price, but this is to be expected when you get such a strong jigsaw with so many innovative technologies incorporated into its design.
DEWALT Bare-Tool DC330B
My rating: 4.9/5
If your budget is less flexible, but still want to buy a high-quality jigsaw from a prestigious manufacturer, check out the DC3308 model which is more affordable while still incorporating a lot of useful features.
This tool is ideal for anyone who wants to make cuts through wood, metal or plastic.
Here are its advantages:
- 18V motor – The motor of this unit is capable of delivering up to 3,000 strokes per minute which is highly impressive, given the price of the jigsaw. The motor is also specially designed to remain efficient while operating, so you will enjoy a long battery life.
- Tool-less blade change – You don’t need additional tools to change the blades of this unit, all that you have to do is to press a release clamp and you’re done! Changing blades is actually a piece of cake and it can be done quickly even if you’re not an experienced jigsaw user.
- 4 position orbital action – Although this unit is budget-friendly, it still offers orbital action settings which are highly required if you want to make precise curved cuts or super-quick straight cuts. Adjusting the jigsaw to the right orbital setting can make you more efficient, so do that often.
- Adjustable blower – Feel free to adjust the dust blower according to your preferences, to eliminate dust coming from the materials you cut. This feature will prevent dust from getting into your eyes (although it is still highly recommended to wear protective glasses while working) and it will keep your workspace clean as a whistle.
- 3 years warranty – Not only that you will enjoy a warranty period of 3 years from the manufacturer, but you also get a 1-year free service policy which is highly convenient to have.
There are minor reliability complaints from various past customers, but such instances are rare.
Even if it happens for the jigsaw to let you down in certain moments, remember that you can take advantage of that warranty policy and Dewalt is known for being very friendly and responsive with its customers.
Bosch Bare-Tool JSH180B
My rating: 4.9/5
The last product on my list comes from Bosch and it is an excellent jigsaw which can be used for both small and complex cutting tasks.
The JSH180B model is specially designed to remain lightweight, so it can be used by almost everyone, including women who have small hands.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of this product:
- 18V motor – This unit comes with a powerful 18V motor which has adjustable speeds and it can throw out up to 3,000 strokes per minute. The motor is efficiently designed to conserve energy and prolong battery life as well.
- Available in 2 buying options – You can purchase this unit as a bare tool or in combination with an 18V battery if you don’t already have one. The version without the battery is obviously less expensive, so you can actually save some money if you have spare batteries at home.
- Dust blower – This unit also comes with a dust blower which eliminates dust from your way while making cuts through different types of materials such as wood, aluminum, steel or plastic. This simple feature can also improve your precision and visibility too.
- LED light – Speaking of improved visibility, you will definitely love that this tool comes with an LED light which automatically illuminates your path while working. This feature will help you make more precise cuts and have more control over the process.
- 1-year warranty – The manufacturer offers a warranty period of 1 year and it also gives you a 30-day return window you can take advantage of if you don’t like the product. In other words, you get the chance to test this device for free for up to a month. Isn’t that convenient?
Again, there were a few complaints from a few careless customers who got angry because there wasn’t a battery or charger in the package.
Remember that this unit can be shipped with or without a battery and charger, depending on your preferences, so when you place your order, make sure you specify whether you need a battery or not.
This is not a fault of the product and the manufacturer isn’t actually responsible for the troubles caused by customers who don’t read the product description carefully.
Know Your Needs
As you can probably see, there are numerous types of jigsaws available on the market and now it is up to you to decide which one to buy. To simplify your decision-making process, ask yourself how often are you going to use the jigsaw.
If you’re a casual user, you’ll probably be better off with a corded model since you might not need to transport it from place to place. On the other hand, if your job requires working with power tools every day, a cordless version might be very practical when going to clients for performing cutting jobs.
Similarly, how much are you willing to invest in your unit? Do you require a very powerful jigsaw which can deliver more than 3,500 strokes per minute? A stronger appliance might be necessary if you routinely cut through tough materials such as steel.
If you don’t have power as a high priority, you might be just fine with a 4-6 amps or a 16-18V model. Once you set up your budget, decide whether you want to purchase batteries (for a cordless model) on your own or have them shipped together with your unit.
Lastly, don’t forget to take a closer look at the manufacturer who sells your jigsaw too. For example, investigate the warranty policy and see which one actually provides the best deal or the best bang for your buck.
Before placing your order, check out the contents of the package – is the manufacturer offering you accessories such as wrenches, a carrying case, additional blades, etc? This process of finding information will help you understand which brand offers the most goodies for your hard-earned money.
If you aren’t an experienced handyman, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to ask around and speak with a friend who routinely uses power tools. He might provide you with good insights on what tool is the best. Good luck!